Whenever Blizcon is on the horizon, blue posts and changes become scarce because they are preparing for it. If they leaked all their plans in advance, then they will not have much to present at the convention.The weeks leading up to BlizzCon are an exciting and busy time, and we're looking forward to sharing some new info with all of you shortly. At the same time, it's worth noting that it's quite normal for there to be periods of time in Diablo III where there's just not a lot of info to share, especially between patches.
About the Build:If you were to distill the core of the Demon Hunter class, what truly encapsulates the essence of this fierce ranged vigilante? Projectiles, traps, and a generous dose of agile stealth maneuvers all come to mind. One also might think of an expert marksman, and that's where the Lightning Rage Nocturne build comes in. Steering away from the ever-popular M6 build, Abachio has focused his efforts on a build that's both visually and thematically appealing without sacrificing the ability to dole out substantial damage.
Vengeance is mine! No, seriously, it's right there on my bar. "I wanted to create a Demon Hunter build which I would enjoy both playing and looking at," Abachio writes in. "Having said that, I also wanted it to have a theme. I was aiming for a solo, lightning-based Demon Hunter." With skills that sport not only interesting visuals but effective mechanics, like Vengeance andElemental Arrow, he's definitely achieved this goal. Strong support in the form of utility skills including Smoke Screen andStrafe round things out by providing the evasive maneuvers necessary for escaping those inevitable tricky situations.
The Items:While the list below can be viewed as daunting, remember that not all items are necessary to make this build function. Even if you lack a Kridershot, substituting in a generator allows you to capture a similar look and feel with minimal adjustment.
Abachio's wish list includes a new Ring of Royal Grandeur with Critical Hit Damage and a Witching Hour to complement his already impressive collection of gear.Required Items:
- Most integral item in the build
- Turns Elemental Arrow into a Hatred generator, eliminating the need for a Primary skill
- Ring of Royal Grandeur
- Natalya's Vengeance (4 piece)
- Provides a substantial boost to burst damage with a low cooldown Rain of Vengeance
- Set bonuses provide plenty of additional damage and survivability stats
- The Shadow's Mantle (4 piece)
- Shadow Power using every rune provides a substantial boost to survivability and utility
- Offers an additional second life ability
- Meticulous Bolts
- Vastly increases damage capability of Elemental Arrow
- Aughild's Authority
- Great for filling in the spots between other set items
- Able to be crafted, offering an accessible source of survivability and damage
- Blackthorne's Battlegear
- Thundergod's Vigor
- Source of additional +Lightning Damage