- Patch 2.1.2 announced
- New Ghoblins: The Gem Hoarder (silver, drops gems), the Odious Collector (green, drops crafting materials), the Blood Thief (red, drops Blood Shards)
- Improved Goblin AI: Will now seek out other enemies
- Adventure Mode: New Legendary Gems, More visual variety for Greater Rifts, new Hub layouts
- Tilesets of formerly fixed maps in Greater Rifts are now much more varied, examples: Oasis, Spider Caves, Leoric's Jail; Upcoming: Stinging Winds, Tristram Fields, Festering Woods
- Legendary Gems: Legendary Gems usage graph (screenshot to follow), want to make usage of Gems more even by adding new Legendary Gems and Items
- 2 new Legendary Gems: Esoteric ALteration: Gain 30% non-Physical damage reduction. Bonus: While below half Life, your resistances are increased by 75%.
- Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard: Regenerates 500,00 Life per Second. Bonus: After not taking damage for 4 seconds, gain an absorb shield for 200% of your Life per Second. Numbers subject to change.
- Now speaking: Wyatt Cheng
- Pylon Changes: Conduit not getting removed in GR. Instead, Speed Pylons ignoring collision and lasting longer, Shield Pylon reflecting damage and exploding when it times out. You should get 2-4 Pylons per GR, not 0 or 6.
- Improving Monster Density in all Rifts where it's currently low. Normal monsters as well as Elites.
- All the Rift Guardians are getting revisited to be equally challenging but each one should be special in their own right.
- Randomness shouldn't dictate success or failure but instead provide a varied experience.
- Level generation adjusted: Dead Ends in Rifts shouldn't be at the end of a long hallway, same for big loops.
- Death Penalty in GR adjusted. On the PTR, you can rez at the corpse in GR but you get a stacking timer. Hence, the distance to the checkpoint no longer matters.
- Season 2: Conquests will be looked at, only some will return from S1, like Reach GR30 or Speed Racer. Reach level 70 is being dropped, though. New Conquests: 50M gold stream outside the Vaul, Kill certain bosses within 20 minutes of starting the game, Complete Lore Books
- Season 2 Transmog: Feet and Legs, Season 3: Chest and Hands
- Wormwood reworked (see below): Casts Locust Swarm without having to stop
- Ranslor's Folly (see below)
- More items shown tomorrow, also "something special"
- Ancient Items: New Tier of Legendaries. Drops in Torment, the higher the difficulty the more likely, up to 30% better in attributes.
- New Zone: Ruins of Sesheron. Barbarian capital city from Diablo II LoD opening cinematic, will be near Arreat Crater in Act III. Lots of Traps.
- New Monster types: Glowing Death (sand Wasp variation), Magotts (frost explosion on death), Naja Beetles (shoot fire projectiles)
- New Rift Guardian: Rat King: Spawns Rats from his back, entraps you in a circular area, casts "Rat Tornadoes"
- Yetis are currently being worked on as a new monster type
- All artisans now close together in Act I
- Patch 2.1.2 (will have PTR): Ancient Items, Treasure Goblins, Season 2, New Legendaries, Adventure Mode improvements
- Later Patch: Ruins of Sescheron, new monsters, new Legendaries, and more
- Question Time.
- Uber Diablo not actively worked on
- No plans to allow players to change item rarity colors
- Items will be sent to you via the ingame mail system after the end of a season
- Ingame real-money store for things like character slots or stash space has not been announced. Other ways to deal with the underlying issues are being worked on.
- Fishing for certain Rift layouts/monsters is not intended and Blizzard tries to address that with the randomness changes, giving you a better mix of monsters.
- Act IV and V monsters are being worked on to be less annoying or more rewarding
- No further annoucnements for new zones peing planned
- Trading is not about to make a comeback (for now) as it can destroy the reward loop of the game, like the AH did. Some types of trading might make it into the game at some point though, the console version's gift system mentioned.
- Blizzard would love to bring Season to consoles but it doesn't work with offilne capabilites of the console version.
- Adventure Mode will be unlocked at the start of Season 2, there might be Conquests related to Campaign mode in future Seasons, or even not have it unlocked right away.
- Can't answer the question for another expansion
- Trial changes are coming to 2.1.2, pacing and mosters in them are being looked at. In the current internal build, all monsters can be knocked around. Progression in Trials should be more persistent.
- Ancient items are intended for the most dedicated players the have already have their whole sets completed. Currently, the chance for Ancient items is 5-10% on T6. Similar for GR.
- There are no announcements for a crafting system similar to Diablo II's rune system, but they're looking for a similar system in spirit.
- Panel ends.
- New item rarity: Ancient Legendary/Set. Possibly upgraded (via item? artisan?) or rarer version of existing Legendary/Set items which can roll higher attribute values. Example items: Wand of Woh, Vile Ward, Lut Socks, Firebird's Plume, Cindercoat, Sunwuko's Paws, Reaper's Wraps (from press kit)
- New Armor Sets (from press kit)
- 2P: Rend deals 300% more damage.
- 4P: Rend lasts 300% longer.
- 6P: Targets affected by Rend take +300% Whirlwind damage.
- Demon Hunter:
- 2P: Gain 2 Discipline every time you use a Hatred Generator.
- 4P: Take 20% less damage if there are enemies within 40 yards.
- 6P: Every point of Discipline you currently have increases the damage of your Hatred Generators and Multishot by 10%.
- Wizard: Fierce Set
- 2P: Casting Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile, and Shock Pulse reduce the cooldown of Slow Time by 1 second.
- 4P: Enemies affected by your Slow Time take 1250% weapon damage every second.
- 6P: Enemies affected by your Slow Time take 500% more damage from your Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile and Shock Pulse.
- New area: Ruins of Sescheron (old Barbarian capital, now snowy ruins) along with new monster types. (from playable demo)
- New Rift Guardian: Rat King. (from playable demo)
- New types of Treasure Goblins, some of which drop Blood Shards, others gems and others again drop crafting materials and plans. (from playable demo)
- Legendary item changes: (from playable demo/press kit)
- Wormwood: Locust Swarm deals continous damage.
- Gungdo Gear: Exploding Palm's on-death explosion applies Exploding Palm.
- Sunwuko Set:
- 2P: Casting Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush or Wave of Light causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 1000% weapon damage.
- 4P: Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 500% from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush or Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds.
- New Item: Crown of the Primus: Slow Time gains the effect of every rune.
- New item: Ranslor's Folly: Wrists, Energy Twister periodically pulls in an enemy withing 30 yards. An enemy can only be pulled in this way once every 5 seconds.
- New Seasonal Transmogs: Feet, Legs
- The goal of the class changes was to keep classes fun, stop the PvP CC madness, make numbers easier to understand and slow down the pace of healing a little bit.
- Removing abilities will make the game more fun.
- Fantasy, visuals, cool effects, powerful, interactive, and abilities with a clear purpose are fun.
- Redundant abilities are not fun (Frostfire bolt / Frostbolt for Fire and Arcane)
- Abilities with inconsistent fantasy are not fun.
- Situational abilities are not fun (Nourish)
- Abilities that have been balanced to mediocrity are not fun (Mortal Strike)
- Abilities with no feedback are not fun (Blood Strike - No real animation, visual, or fantasy)
- Abilities that are unreliable are not fun (Feral druid positional requirements)
- Complicated abilities are not fun (Symbiosis)
- Returning players had more and more trouble figuring out how their class worked as more abilities were added. You shouldn't have to go to another website just to figure out how to play your character.
- The old talent system was scrapped to help combat this problem, but it didn't solve it.
- Players didn't enjoy healing because of health bar whiplash, players were always almost constantly dying, healing consisted of spamming heals constantly.
- Smart heals were too smart, the game was playing itself for you, you didn't have to do any targeting. You ended up with a healing rotation and not paying attention to who was injured.
- Mana was scaling poorly, lower item level characters had not enough mana, higher item level characters had excessive amounts of mana.
- In Warlords, players have double the effective health, giving you longer to think and target your heals.
- In Warlords, smart heals aren't as smart. They just heal anyone who is injured rather than the most injured.
- In Warlords, healers will have enough mana even at lower item levels.
- In Warlords, Spirit is now on less slots, so you can't trivialize mana anymore.
- Healing will be more tactical and allow players to make decisions while healing in Warlords.
- Players will have sufficient mana but not excessive mana in Warlords.
- Once a tier token dropped, you had to go to a vendor, find the right item, figure out what gems and reforges you need, upgrade the item, and then you were finally ready to use it. Once you were ready to use it, you may have to change gems and reforges on your other items as well.
- Kill a boss, loot an item, equip the item.
- Tier tokens will convert to an item just like the Timeless Isle tokens, this removes one of the steps.
- Hit and expertise are removed from the game, meaning you don't need to reforge and regem all the things with every new item you got.
- Item upgrades are also gone, removing another step.
- Enchants and sockets are on fewer slots now, helping remove another thing to do.
- Caps and breakpoints are gone, making stat customization easier.
- In Mists of Pandaria, loot can drop that no one in the raid can use, which didn't feel good.
- Set bonuses and stats that switch on your main armor slots help with this problem.
- Spirit not being on most slots also helps.
- Dodge and Parry are now bonus armor.
- There are now more sources of loot, especially during questing and leveling in Draenor.
- Versatility, Multistrike, Tertiary stats, gem sockets, and randomly upgraded quest items also help to add variety.
- Gladiator's Resolve was a small enough change that it didn't need another spec.
- Dva nova moda Draft Mode, i Ranked Play (Hero League i Team League).
- Penali za igrače koji izlaze iz igre. Kazna ovakvim igračima biće da igraju sa igračima koji su izlazili takodje iz igre.
- Tri Nova heroja: Trhall, Jaina i Lost Vikings!
- Hero selection is where the strategy begins
- Hero selection is influenced by battleground
- Teams will alternate picking heroes
- No duplicate heroes
- used by all ranked modes
- Provided as an option in custom games
- Coin flip to see who picks first
- No hero bans initially
- They want to keep the game at 20 mins. They feel bans will make the pre-lobby feel even longer than the game.
- Adding two leagues
- Hero League - Any number of players can que, uses matchmaker to finish team with equal skilled players
- Team league - Premade 5 man teams
- 5 man teams will have names
- Ranking influenced by hearthstone
- Start at 50, you work your way to 1
- Winning games earns points
- Losing games makes you lose points
- Points determine your rank
- A skilled team playing against a lower skill team will not earn as many points. (works the other way too)
- heroes will have seasons. Your rank starts new each season
- Retain points based on last season's rank
- Match quality is important to them
- Skill rating persists season to season
- Favor matching against parties of similar size. (So if you queue as group of 3, it will try to find another premade 3 group to fight against)
- Personal ranking and skill rating
- Must reached player level 30 to enter
- Can have up to 9 members for subs
- can be a member of up to 3 teams
- The team itself has a rank and skill rating
- Must have reached level 40
- In a future update, ify ou leave a game early. You will be flagged as a leaver. There will be a UI for this.
- if you are flagged, you get put on teams with other leavers.
- They will let you get out of this group. Just stop leaving games.
- jaina proudmoore - Can summon water elemental. Has frost ring
- Blizzcon just crashed. Hold on (they are making jokes about jaina killing their presentation)
- Looks like they are starting questions due to presentation issues
- lost vikings - Three heroes in 1. You can move them together, or by themselves.
Is it likley that you will bring heroes that are only found in books?
There is are no ends to the heroes they can bring. If they can't make them heroes they can make them skins.
How many leaves does it take to be a leaver?
they will allow some grace leaves.
Community has a big influence on what they want to make.
Will overwatch heroes be added?
New stats on the stat screen for tanks?
Something they want to do, but they just are not sure what stat would show that well
How will you balance the competitive game without bans?
Going to try to just keep heroes balance. newest hereo also might not go into drafts right away
It is a possibility. Nothing is happening right now tho. it is an option.
Are you going to go on with more set skins?
"it's a good idea"
They are still working on what end of season rewards will be.
Heroes of the Storm Press Kit - UI i Gameplay
Legacy of the Void Trailer
- Maximum efficiency is 16 worker as opposed to 24 (source)
- Starting workers: 12
- Archon mode: http://instagram.com/p/vG6dQ6OkCP/ essentially team melee from BW with only one race (2 players control 1 base)
- Minerals per patch: It was like 1500 before now it's 900 (as opposed to 1000 reported earlier source)
- Vague details about LotV plot/gameplay revealed (i.e. being able to use an orbiting ship to cause massive damage, necessary to deal with XelNaga)
- Automated tournaments run once per day at a specific time, open to all players
- Tanks: Can pick up seige tanks in seige mode with medivacs (has a unit animation)
- Thors: Capable of self-repair (called emergency repair). Cannot move/attack while repairing.
- Banshees: now range increased. Cloak comes default. Upgrade (available once fusion core is built) to make it move faster than any detection possible
- Battle cruisers: warp to anywhere you have vision (video suggests without vision, will need people on the floor to confirm). Teleport has a massive energy cost.
- Warp Prism: Now can pick up units from a distance. More drop micro! (But still missing the Reaver, get on it Blizzard!)
- Tempest: Only attacks ground units and receives a speed buff, new long range ability 'Disintegration' that has deals damage over time (500dmg over 50sec)
- Carrier: Interceptors released to attacks in specific locations, moves quicker, 90sec build time. Can release interceptors all instantly and keep fighting even if carrier dies.
- Nexus: starts with 14 supply now. Basically have to build a pylon straight away by 10 sec in
- Warping: takes 8 seconds now and warping units take 200% damage. Zerg has unit to break forcefields
- Oracle: Oracle also now has one revelation spell for revealing and detecting. Also new ability called Stasis ward, essentially a mine which when detonated by enemy units casts Stasis Field over them (i.e. unable to move, attack or take damage effectively taking the unit out of play).
- Immortal: Hardened Shield passive removed, changed to an active ability which absorbs damage over the duration of the ability.
- Nydus worm: Now invisible while burrowing and invulnerable while emerging. Not even detectable by cannons. Allows for aggressive Nydus Worm sieges.
- Swarm Hosts: No longer need to burrow to launch locusts, can upgrade locusts to be flying. Blizzard made a point of saying that mass Swarm Host will no longer be a viable strategy due to lower spawn timers for the locusts. Locusts must be spawned manually.
- Corruptors: have an ability ' caustic spray' to channel damage like a void ray. A few of them can kill a nexus in seconds
- Infestor: New ability: 'aggressive mutation' grants flat damage buff to friendly units (it is AOE)
Legacy of the Void Screenshots
Legacy of the Void Videos
- The team had tried to do the movie different ways before, but were never comfortable with how it was working out.
- There is a lot of story to cover with Warcraft, so they are starting with Warcraft 1.
- The movie will follow heroes on both factions, "50% Alliance, 50% Horde".
- Blizzard feels the team has done a great job with the movie and that everyone is in good hands with them.
- There is a scene where everything is burning down, Durotan is in his tent with Draka.
- The visual effects are very realistic. Motion capture was used, the team worked with ILM to make it feel as much like live action as possible.
- Effects are Avatar and Lord of the Rings at the same time.
- Very detailed sets were built, such as part of Stormwind's main street.
- Camera operator could see the digital Orcs in real time when capturing the footage.
- There was training on how to physically act as an Orc.
- Lothar - Travis Fimmel
- Durotan - Toby Kebbell
- Medivh - Ben Foster
- Daniel Wu
- Orgrim - Robert Kazinsky
- Was entertaining on the panel.
- Started as a Warrior in Burning Crusade, switched to Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King, 500+ days played, top 100 guild.
- Taking questions on @Legendary for a short while after the panel.
- King Llane - Dominic Cooper
- Blackhand - Clancy Brown
- Khadgar - Ben Schnetzer
- Garona - Paula Patton - Done with live action instead of motion capture.