- Applying a glyph no longer requires a Lexicon of Power. The same rules for switching between dual talent specializations now apply to switching glyphs and cannot be performed while in combat, Battlegrounds (except when Preparation is up), or Arenas (no exceptions).
- Battleground quests “Concerted Efforts” (Alliance) and “For Great Honor” (Horde) now require an Alterac Valley Mark of Honor in addition to the current requirements. These quests now award more honor upon completion.
- Drek’Thar, Vanndar Stormpike, the tower Heralds and Warmasters have received a hit point and damage upgrade in the level 80 version of Alterac Valley.
- Capturing the Southern Graveyard will now automatically capture both the East and West Graveyards.
- All players who attack a siege vehicle should now get credit if it is destroyed.
- Daily quests “Slay Them All!” (Horde) and “No Mercy for the Merciless” (Alliance) have had their PvP kill requirements reduced to 10 from 20. NPCs defending the fortress and south towers now count toward these dailies as well.
- The number of NPCs defending fortress has been increased.
- The time between battles will be saved should a realm shut down. If Wintergrasp is active when a realm shuts down, the game will restart from the beginning when the realm is once again live.
- Towers in Southern Wintergrasp now have more defensive cannons.
- Command (Orc Racial): Applies to shaman pets, and now correctly applies to death knight pets.
- The damage threshold for Fear, Psychic Scream, Hex, Intimidating Shout, and Turn Evil to break early has been significantly reduced.
- The shaman’s Fire Elemental and Spirit Wolves, mage’s Water Elemental, and druid’s Treants have all gained avoidance from area-of-effect damage similar to what warlock and hunter pets already have.
- Taunts: All player or pet-generated taunts now have a shared diminish category. In addition, Taunt-type effects from pets and from classes other than death knight, druid, paladin, and warrior have been set such that bosses can be made immune to them while still affected by death knight, druid, paladin, and warrior taunts.
- Anti-magic Shell: The amount of damage this ability can absorb is now limited to 50% of the death knight’s health.
- Death Strike: The
weapon damage percent on this ability has been increased from 60% to 75%, but theamount of healing per damage done has been reduced by 20%.
- Dancing Rune Weapon: Damage done by, and duration of this pet is reduced by 50%, but the cooldown is reduced to 90 seconds.
- Heart Strike: Bonus damage for diseases is now a multiplier rather than a flat bonus. No longer affected by Glyph of Blood Strike.
- Spell Deflection: This talent has been increased to 15/30/45% damage reduction from a direct damage spell.
- Black Ice: This talent now provides a 2/4/6/8/10% bonus to Frost and Shadow damage instead of 4/8/12/16/20% to Frost.
- Howling Blast: Base damage and scaling doubled. This doubled.This ability no longer deals bonus damage to targets with Frost Fever. Cooldown increased to 8 seconds. Swapped positions with Hungering Cold in the talent tree.
- Improved Icy Touch: Now increases Icy Touch damage by 5/10/15% instead of by 10/20/30%.
- Rime: When this talent triggers, it also resets the cooldown on Howling Blast.
- Tundra Stalker: Now increases the damage on abilities by 3/6/9/12/15% instead of 2/4/6/8/10%.
- New Talent: Ghoul Frenzy: Grants 25% melee haste to your pet and heals it for 30% of its maximum health. Costs 1 Unholy Rune. Requires at least 30 points in the Unholy tree.
- Impurity: This talent is reduced to 4/8/12/16/20% bonus to attack power scaling.
- Master of Ghouls: Now also reduces the cooldown on Raise Dead by 60 seconds. This talent now requires at least 25 points in the Unholy tree, and has Night of the Dead as a prerequisite.
- Night of the Dead: Redesigned to grant a flat reduction on cooldown to Raise Dead and Army of the Dead instead of a reduction from using abilities. Requires at least 15 points in the Unholy tree; prerequisite for Master of Ghouls.
- Typhoon: Now causes a 3-second daze.
- New Talent: Primal Gore: Grants the periodic damage from your
Rake, Lacerate and Rip abilities the chance to critically hit.
- Primal Tenacity: The damage reduction while stunned effect now only works in Cat Form.
- Rend and Tear: The critical strike bonus for Ferocious Bite reduced to 5/10/15/20/25%, down from 10/20/30/40/50%.
- Tree of Life: Now receives 240% increased armor. You can now use Nature's Grasp and Thorns while within this form. In addition, the discount on heal-over-time spells from this talent is now active at all times, whether or not the druid is in Tree of Life form. Mana cost reduced to match the cost of Travel Form.
- Entrapment redesigned: When your Frost Trap, Immolation Trap, Explosive Trap and Snake Trap are triggered, you entrap all afflicted targets, preventing them from moving for 2/3/4 seconds. (Down from 2/4/6)
- Improved Scorch: Increased critical strike chance is now 1%, down from 2% per application of the Improved Scorch effect. In addition, the critical strike chance of Scorch, Fireball, and Frostfire Bolt is increased by 1/2/3%.
- Winter’s Chill: Increased critical strike chance is now 1%, down from 2% per application of Winter’s Chill. In addition, the critical strike chance of Frostbolt is increased by 1/2/3%.
- Seal of Blood/Seal of the Martyr: The damage done by these two seals has been increased but the damage done by their judgements decreased. The balance is now roughly 60% from either seal and 40% from a judgement on total damage done. The total damage done should be roughly the same.Please note that the 3.0.9 tooltips had incorrect values for the damage done, but the tooltips should be much more accurate in 3.1.0.
- Divine Storm: Damage increased.
- Judgement of the Wise: The immediate return of base mana from this spell has been increased to 25%, up from 15%.
- Righteous Vengeance reduced to 3 ranks for 10/20/30%. The damage done by this talent no longer receives modifications from effects that increase or decrease damage done by a percentage. Now triggered by Crusader Strike as well.
- Psychic Horror: Has been redesigned and is now a 1-point talent. You terrify the target, causing them to tremble in horror for 3 seconds and drop all weapons (disarm effect: including bows) for 10 seconds. 2 minute cooldown. (Up from 1 minute) Instant cast. The horror effect can be dispelled, but the disarm cannot.
- Deadly Throw: Missile speed increased.
- Earth Elemental Totem: The summoned Earth Elemental should now have significantly more health and slightly more armor.
- Fire Elemental Totem: The summoned Fire Elemental should now have moderately more health and mana, and its damage scaling has been increased. In addition, the Fire Elemental’s spells now cost less mana.
- Chaos Bolt: Damage increased approximately 15%.
- New Talent: Juggernaut: Grants the warrior the ability to Charge while in combat. Critical strike chance of next Slam or Mortal Strike increased by 100% following Charge.
- Improved Berserker Stance: Now increases strength by 4/8/12/16/20% while in Berserker Stance.
- Warbringer: Now also allows Intervene and Intercept to be used in any stance.
- All flasks now last 1 hour. To compensate, all flask recipes will provide 2 flasks for the same material cost.
- Flasks now stack to 20, and their vendor sell prices have been reduced to lower the Auction House deposits.
- Northrend flasks will be converted to mixtures. This includes the Flask of Stoneblood, Flask of Pure Mojo, Flask of Endless Rage, and Flask of the Frost Wyrm. Mixtures can create 2 flasks of the corresponding type. This allows players who stockpiled Northrend flasks to convert them to the new system without any loss.
- Added two new recipes for enchanting staves with spell power, available from Vanessa Sellers in Dalaran City.
- Engineers can now obtain the schematics for Lil' Smoky and the Pet Bombling from certain creatures found in Gnomeregan. Specialized Gnomish or Goblin engineers can obtain both schematics equally. The repeatable quest that used to randomly grant these schematics has been disabled.
- Gnomish X-Ray Specs have a new model.
Raids & Dungeons
Vault of Archavon
- Archavon, Emalon, and their allies will now banish themselves 10 minutes prior to the beginning of a Lake Wintergrasp battle. A warning will be given 15 minutes prior to the start of Wintergrasp. They will not banish themselves if in combat.
- Libram of the Sacred Shield: Increases block value.
- Sigil of Awareness: Now provides bonus damage to Death Strike as well.
- A new clam, the Giant Darkwater Clam, can be obtained by fishing in Wintergrasp. This mighty clam has a greatly increased chance to drop pearls, and yields up to five times the regular amount of clam meat.
- Loot from clams now stacks correctly!
- Changed the icon for Succulent Clam Meat so it doesn't look quite as disgusting.
- Glyph of Barkskin: Reduces the chance you’ll be critically hit by melee attacks by 25% while Barkskin is active.
- Glyph of Savage Roar: Your Savage Roar ability grants an additional 3% bonus damage done. (Down from 6%)
- Glyph of Survival Instincts: Increases the percentage of your maximum health received from Survival Instincts to 40%.
- Glyph of Mirror Image: This glyph has been redesigned and now increases the number of copies of the mage to 4.
- Glyph of Seal of Blood: When your Seal of Blood, Seal of the Martyr, Judgement of Blood, or Judgement of the Martyr deals damage to you, you gain 11% of the damage done as mana.
- Glyph of Seal of Righteousness: Increases damage done by this seal by 10%. (Up from 3%)
- Glyph of Hymn of Hope: Now increases the duration of Hymn of Hope.
- Glyph of Riptide: Increases the duration of Riptide by 6 seconds. (Up from 3 sec)
- Glyph of Banish: This glyph has been replaced with Glyph of Incinerate, which increases the damage of Incinerate by 5%.
- Glyph of Immolate: The bonus damage provided by this glyph to Immolate’s periodic damage has been reduced to 10%, down from 20%. The 10% reduction to Immolate’s initial damage has been removed.
- Glyph of Siphon Life: Redesigned to increase the healing received from the Siphon Life talent.
- Glyph of Succubus: Redesigned to remove all damage-over-time effects from the target of Seduce.
- Glyph of Rejuvenation: Effects which modify healing done will no longer be applied a second time to the healing granted by this glyph.
- Loot from clams now stacks correctly!
- Heirloom Items: The bonus spell power granted by these items has been redesigned to provide substantially more benefit for players lower than level 58.
- Hook of the Master Angler: Using this item to shape-change into a fish now cancels Shadowform.
- Justicar (T4) Retribution Set: The bonus to seals now works properly on Seal of Blood and Seal of the Martyr.
- Personal Rating Requirements for off-hand Deadly Gladiator items should now display correctly.
- Sigil of Arthritic Binding: The tooltip was incorrect for this item and overstated the bonus to Scourge Strike. This has been fixed.
- Wall of Terror, Fleshless Girdle, and Inexorable Sabatons have had their stamina values adjusted to the proper levels.
- Blood Fury: The tooltip on the attack power version of this ability will now tell how much attack power it grants to the orc.
- Shadowmeld: Using this ability will no longer cause friendly players to deselect the night elf.
- Acclimation: This talent will no longer sometimes grant nature resistance while fighting Sapphiron.
- Anti-magic Zone: This ability will no longer cause strange absorb messages in the combat log and floating combat text.
- Dancing Rune Weapon: Fixed a bug making it trigger an unusual number of effects from the weapon equipped by the death knight. In addition, it will now only echo death knight spells whose primary purpose is dealing damage. This pet will no longer break stealth on nearby targets and attack them. Also corrected a bug making the effect last 8 seconds longer than intended.
- Death Coil: This spell will no longer sometimes cause the death knight to animate a swing twice.
- Death Grip: This spell will no longer automatically cast on the nearest enemy when no valid target is selected.
- Death Runes: Fixed a bug where it was possible when using two abilities with the same rune cost to not get correctly granted a second Death Rune when appropriate.
- Ebon Plaguebringer: Multiple death knights can now use this debuff against a target without overwriting each other.
- Necrosis: The damage from this ability will no longer benefit multiple times from damage increasing effects.
- Pestilence: This ability will now spread disease centered on a position between the death knight and its target, rather than the target’s center position (for very large creatures, this used to cause no disease spread at all).
- Raise Ally: The buff from this ability can no longer be right clicked to cancel.In order to end the effect, the player controlling the Risen Ghoul must right click on the unit portrait and dismiss the pet. In addition, using this ability on a player whose level is too low will now give a “Target is too low level” error message instead of “You have no target.”
- Raise Dead: This pet now despawns instantly when it dies. In addition, this ability can no longer be used while riding any type of vehicle. The Risen Ghoul is also now properly immune to Charm, Fear, Sleep, and Horror.
- Rune of Cinderglacier: Charges of this will now only be used if the target actually took damage from the attack.
- Scent of Blood: This talent can no longer be triggered by environmental damage.
- Scourge Strike: The tooltip incorrectly stated it did 60% weapon damage increased by 9% from diseases, when it was actually 45% increased 11% from diseases. The tooltip has been corrected, but the damage done is unchanged.
- Sigil of Awareness: The tooltip on this incorrectly indicated it added much more damage than it actually did. The tooltip has been corrected to show the actual bonus.
- Summon Gargoyle: The Gargoyle will no longer re-attack rogues after they Vanish.
- Bash: This ability will now still interrupt casting even if the victim is immune to the stun due to diminishing returns.
- Feral Attack Power: Heirloom weapons now correctly grant the amount of attack power in Cat, Bear, and Dire Bear Forms that is stated on the weapon tooltip. In addition, the attack power bonus will now work properly for druids below level 60.
- Lifebloom: Corrected some bugs with the new blooming functionality and dispels.
- Predatory Strikes: This talent now properly affects the attack power gained from weapon enchants.
- Swipe: Now properly affected by area-of-effect damage caps.
- Thorns: This spell will now properly use the druid’s spell power to determine its scaling instead of the target’s spell power.
- Wild Growth: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Wild Growth ranks from overwriting each other.
- Cower: This pet ability will now display its cooldown correctly.
- Disengage: This ability can no longer be used while riding any type of vehicle.
- Froststorm Breath: This pet ability will now display its cooldown correctly.
- Heart of the Phoenix: Can no longer be set to autocast (which did not work).
- Rake: This pet ability will now always refresh when used by the pet.
- Savage Rend (raptor special ability): Fixed a tooltip error to correctly note this ability boosts damage rather than attack power.
- Spirit Strike: This pet ability now has its damage increased by Prowl as intended.
- Spore Cloud: This pet ability will now autocast properly at all ranks.
- Steady Shot: Now does correct damage with heirloom weapons.
- Arcane Potency: Fixed a bug where sometimes the benefit was consumed before altering the critical strike chance of the mage. In addition, will no longer benefit the critical strike chance of Molten Armor’s damage.
- Deep Freeze: Floating combat text will now display when this ability is able to be used.
- Focus Magic: When spell-stolen, this buff will no longer grant the originally casting mage a buff when critical strikes occur.
- Frostbite: Fixed a bug preventing this from overwriting the effect from the Frostbite talent.
- Ignite: The debuff from this talent now benefits properly from Arcane Subtlety. In addition, effects which modify damage done will no longer be applied a second time to the damage from this talent.
- Master of Elements: Now refunds the correct amount of mana when used with Arcane Missiles.
- Mirror Image: Mirror Images will now appear with maximum health and mana. In addition, this ability can no longer be used while riding any type of vehicle.
- Slow Fall: Can no longer be cast on NPCs.
- Torment the Weak: Now properly increases damage when used against victims of the snare from Hunter Frost Traps.
- Beacon of Light: This spell no longer duplicates the heal on yourself if your target is currently immune to being healed due to being on a vehicle. It will simply not duplicate the heal. In addition, Divine Plea will only penalize the original heal instead of applying the penalty a second time on the duplicated heal.
- Blessing of Sanctuary: This spell can now overwrite a Greater Blessing of Sanctuary that has less than 10 minutes duration remaining.
- Blessing of Wisdom: It is no longer possible to have the icon for this spell and Greater Blessing of Wisdom active at the same time (which didn’t give any benefit, but was confusing).
- Combat Expertise: This talent will now properly increase spell critical strike chance.
- Hammer of Justice: This ability will now still interrupt casting even if the victim is immune to the stun due to diminishing returns.
- Hammer of the Righteous: Now does correct damage with heirloom weapons.
- Holy Shield: Damage from this ability now increases properly from attack power.
- Judgement of Command: Fixed incorrect combat log tooltips.
- Righteous Vengeance: Effects which modify damage done will no longer be applied a second time to the damage from this talent.
- Sacred Shield: Now scales properly from spell power granted by Sheath of Light.
- Seal of Vengeance/Corruption: The bonus damage applied a target which already has the maximum stack of debuffs is now properly affected by Judgements of the Pure. In addition, fixed some missing tooltips in the combat log.
- Sheath of Light: Critical heals from Lay on Hands will now trigger this talent.
- Inner Fire: Charges of this buff will now be consumed properly if the priest is attacked while using emotes.
- Mind Control: This spell can no longer be cast while it is already active.
- Misery: The tooltip on this talent was badly worded and implied a bonus much larger than it actually gave. The tooltip has been rewritten to be more clear.
- Prayer of Mending: This spell will no longer fail from “A more powerful spell is already active” errors. It will now always cast, including overwriting a weaker Prayer of Mending. In addition, trinkets which are triggered from casting a healing spell will now be triggered properly by Prayer of Mending.
- Master of Subtlety: The amount of time remaining on the damage bonus for this talent is now displayed.
- Cleanse Spirit is now properly in the Nature spell school.
- Tremor Totem: Now correctly pulses every 3 seconds, up from 1 seconds.
- Dark Pact: Can no longer be cast when the warlock has an enslaved demon pet that does not have mana.
- Demonic Circle: Summon: This spell can no longer be cast while on a transport or other moving object.
- Fel Synergy: This talent will no longer heal vehicles the warlock is riding.
- Ritual of Summoning: This spell can no longer be cast while on a transport or other moving object.
- Unstable Affliction: Feedback damage from dispelling this debuff will no longer be modified by effects on the victim which modify the damage the victim does.
- Concussion Blow: Now properly triggers a 1.5 second global cooldown.
- Damage Shield: Fixed a bug which caused this ability to benefit from Recklessness.
- Enrage: This ability can no longer be triggered by environmental damage.
- Enraged Regeneration: While this is active, the warrior is blocked from using abilities that trigger being enraged (which would do nothing and waste the cooldowns).
- Improved Revenge: This talent will now increase the damage done by Revenge by the proper amount.
- Rend: Now does correct damage with heirloom weapons. In addition, low ranks of this ability will no longer incorrectly gain a damage bonus against targets above 75% health.
- Slam: Slam will no longer sometimes show 2 miss messages.