Game Guide uradio je intervju sa developerima, gde su dobili odgovore na nove detalje u vezi Legion nastavka!
- Pre-Expansion Invasion Event
- The invasion hits all of Azeroth, so we will see invasions in many different zones throughout the world.
- We are seeing new demons and engines of war that we have never seen before.
- There will be some period of time over weeks that Azeorth is being invaded and the various factions will decide how they are going to handle it.
- Players will have demon invasions they need to fight against, all leading up to the launch of the expansion.
- The Broken Shore will be part of this launch event.
- The developers can't talk about their favorite feature of Legion yet. They are still working on lots of super cool secret stuff!
- The team would love to do something with Karazhan. There is a lot of great lore there. There aren't any plans to announce yet, but the team is discussing what they can do with it.
- Owning a piece of Draenor that you could customize worked out well. (The Garrison)
- The team is not talking about doing a player or guild housing system right now.
- Having an Artifact weapon makes sense for this expansion. The weapons we have now aren't enough for us to even stand a chance against the invasion.
- Flying mounts feel awesome, so as much as the team wants players to explore the world from the ground, there needs to be a way to unlock flying later in the expansion.
- There are plans for itemization and having to share Leather loot between classes that the team isn't ready to talk about yet.
- Demon Hunters being able to see other players through walls is really cool and fits the class.
- The team isn't sure how matchmaking and the Prestige system will interact. They can't completely split people up by Prestige rank, as that would result in very long queue times.
- You didn't see more Horde than Alliance in Warlords, you saw more Orcs. Those Orcs were Iron Horde, not Horde. They were the enemy of everyone. We also saw both Horde and Alliance heroes, so there wasn't a huge disparity. Legion will have both Alliance and Horde heroes and stories.
Patch 6.2 Hotfixes - August 11
- Challenge of the Masters: Warlord Dharl of the Thrice-Bloodied Blade should no longer get stuck in evade mode.
Raids and Dungeons
Hellfire High Council
- Dia Darkwhisper should now use her Mark of the Necromancer and Reap abilities more consistently.
- Omnus's Singularity damage can now be reduced by damage reduction effects on Normal and Heroic difficulty. Note: A separate hotfix is in the works for this to also apply to Raid Finder difficulty.
Seriously I watched that developer interview.. on sunday and they tried to suggest that the german fans were really excited. I saw the live stream of the Legion reveal. There is no doubt that the gamescom crowd reacted as if they had just seen grass grow. There was no earth stattering roar. There was no Insanely loud reaction that required the developers to wait for the crowd to die down. Nope it was a tepid hmm I have to consider this. It was a we need more factual information to really get excited. And that is the general feeling from wow vets. Blizzard has a lot more to do before folks really get excited about Legion.
Something interesting that I've noticed while at events is that video sometimes doesn't capture the vibe or how loud things really are. An example is BlizzCon. I've seen comments like "why is the crowd so quiet" when in fact it's incredibly loud actually at the event.
Also keep in mind that not everyone there is a native English speaker (gamescom draws people from all over the world). A lot of people were most likely trying to take in the information and were reading the translated bits on the sides etc. And lastly... different culture = different means of expressing themselves. Don't judge by American standards.
Yawning in another country means lets party and sneezing means you're hot.
Yawning for people who have been at a large convention all day (remember it was much later in their day than ours) and waiting in large crowds to see a presentation (I think one man said he waited 6 hours) is a sign of being tired (generally speaking). Nothing more. I'm sure we've all yawned even in the midst of having fun. It's a physical response, not a cultural one.
You don't have to cheer and be loud to be excited for something.
What about the bored faces of the sweaty nerds? Even half the front row was snoozing.
I already answered that to some extent. It was a long day at gamescom for them and what you may interpret as "boredom" may not be so. Unless you're in their heads, I don't think you can define their state of mind or even physical or psychological exhaustion.
I think overall, people are reading way more into the crowd than they should be. How you personally feel about the expansion announcement shouldn't need to be reinforced by a crowd of strangers at a convention. Either you like what you saw and are personally excited, or you're apprehensive, or you just don't care. That's all an individual choice you get to make based on your own thoughts and experiences.
I often think of the Monty Python scene where the character tells everyone they are all individuals and they parrot back, "yes, we're all individuals." Ultimately, your enjoyment and excitement of the game comes down to you and your own personal choices. (Source)
PvP Gear in Legion
Honestly, there is a lot of information we are going to need to share on all of the upcoming changes and systems for Legion. We're just not ready right now to get any deeper in to the details. We are, however, keeping a close eye on questions and concerns people have on this and a variety of other things. I wouldn't worry too much though.
Will the information be ready by Blizzcon?
If I answer this one way or another, people will try to guess at dates. I know a trap when I see one!
Ah wow, thank you for the reply! I'll be optimistic then, since you said not to worry :P (Now if only some of those no-longer-available PvP pieces would find their way back in, heheheh... Wishful thinking.)
I'm not guaranteeing anything, but we like when people get specific about the items they think are missing and should be added. It helps us with identifying those items and making a choice as to whether they should be there or not. (Source)
well yall quit being so vague with info and give the players what they want and they wouldnt have to rage so hard
We just announced a new expansion in development. And all people want to know is EVERYTHING.
And if anything about what we've said changes at any point in the future = our heads on pikes. (CM_Zarhym)
well yalls track record on delivering is not the greatest
Character / Items
Can you confirm whether or not the Corrupted Nest Guardian is always personal loot, even on Master Looter? Some confusion...
It drops in accordance with whatever loot setting your group is using, but can be bonus rolled. (WarcraftDevs)
Can the felblood fish from tanaan have a level requirement? low level twinks are using them
Yes! This will be fixed in 6.2.2. (WarcraftDevs)
I'm a game designer because I love making things for people to play and enjoy. It's the only reason I do it. Excited to share what's next. (holinka)
The harsh reality being that the vast majority did not enjoy what you contributed, wonder when conclusions will be drawn?
I will continue to do what I have done my whole life when things don't work out as well as I'd like. Learn and try again. (holinka)
is this intended? being able to rid alliance mounts as horde in mercenary mode? http://t.co/xt80jLYBSM
It's an outstanding bug (holinka)
hope random BG honor gearing will still be possible, I only BG & quest/legacy content
I think you'll be pleased (holinka)
Do artifacts work in pvp?
These are ideas for talents. Nothing final. Just ideas. (holinka)
will these talents make EMFH finally not as strong. It appeared to show trinket for everyone at first tier
I saw that too. Hmmmmm. (holinka)
Do you see more PvE-oriented players (like myself!) finding it easier to slip into PvP with this system?
Talked to at blizzcon. He made a good point. To make PvP better the community needs to play ptr/beta more and give feedback!
We are REALLY going to need people this time. (holinka)
honest question: Do U think 1 year expansions R really worth it? So many missed opportunities in wod cause of this 1 year timeline
Like many things, it's one of those "is it worth it to provide a whole new world" in what would previously have been an X.2 (Muffinus)
Lots, and lots, and lots of questions and feedback to be gained, hope if we ever get there, you will share w/us (Muffinus)
Could you ever see path of the titans coming back?
An AA scheme isn't a bad idea, but it can't feel like 1% gains, needs to be focused. (Muffinus)
Look at MoP, no one asked for that and MoP was amazing, wasnt a big fan on the asian influences but yeah
MOP is a curious case, solid staying power through patches, dislike during it, love after it, much to reflect (Muffinus)
leveling wod wins. Overall feel... Wotlk wins
Levelling WOD was amazing IMO, need to retain that bar. (Muffinus)
You up all night to.. refresh MMO-Champ threads?
If that isn't getting lucky then I'm not embracing my inner geek (Muffinus)
How have you not read the 1062 page mmo champ thread what do you even do at work #casuals (Muffinus)