In addition to Seasons and The Vault, another notable feature coming in patch is 2.1.0 is a system we're calling Greater Rifts. Formerly known as Tiered Rifts, Greater Rifts are a special type of Nephalem Rift designed to measure and showcase hero progression. Featuring a progress timer, unique rewards, and custom leaderboards, Greater Rifts are the perfect opportunity for players to see just how far they can push themselves on the battlefield—and glean some incredible treasure along the way!
With Great Power Comes Great Rifts:To enter a Greater Rift, you must first acquire a Keystone of Trials. These keystones have a chance to drop from any normal Rift Guardian when playing in Torment difficulty on a level 70 hero. Once you've acquired a Keystone of Trials, you’re ready to take on what’s known as the Realm of Trials. To access this realm, visit a Nephalem Obelisk in any town hub, right-click on the monument, and place your keystone into the appropriate slot near the top of the window. Click "Accept" and your trial will begin. Be sure to prepare your skills and gear ahead of time, because once inside the Realm of Trials, you cannot change either until the trial is over.
With a fresh Greater Rift Keystone in hand, head back to the Nephalem Obelisk in town. Right-click on the monument one more time and place your ranked keystone into the designated slot. Click "Accept" and it's off to the races—your Greater Rift journey has officially begun!
The Need for Speed:Similar to the Realm of Trials, each Greater Rift level will be timed. Players will have 15 minutes to spawn and defeat the level's Rift Guardian, with faster runs bringing greater rewards. The goal in Greater Rifts is to progress through each level and kill the Rift Guardian as quickly as possible. If you slaughter a Greater Rift Guardian before time expires, you'll be eligible for a higher level Greater Rift Keystone. If you perform exceptionally well and have a lot of time to spare, you'll be able to skip multiple Greater Rift levels and can receive a keystone of a much higher rank!
Greater Rifts are tracked by a new progress bar (located at the right side of the screen) that compares your monster kill count to the time remaining. Monsters will grant varying progress based on their health and difficulty, so Elite and Champion packs will have a greater pay-off than your average minion. Players will also be able to collect new Progression Orbs to speed along their journey.
When the progress bar is capped, all remaining monsters in the area will vanish and the Greater Rift Guardian will appear. If you run out of time before you're able to kill the Rift Guardian, don’t worry! You won’t be able to advance to a higher Greater Rift level, but you’ll still be able to complete the level you're currently in and claim the spoils of war. Speaking of spoils, we've made some changes to how loot is distributed in Greater Rifts to help streamline the experience and keep players focused on completing their run. Monsters won't drop loot, chest spawns have been disabled, and destructible objects will be limited. Instead, we've moved a lot of this loot to the Rift Guardian itself. As a result, and in reward for your valiant efforts, players will encounter a veritable "loot-splosion" upon defeating a Greater Rift Guardian!
Legendary Gems:As you search the remains of a Greater Rift Guardian, there’s a chance you'll find a new kind of gem that may very well pique your interest.
Urshi will appear once you've slain a Greater Rift Guardian and will offer players one of two services. You can only pick one service per Greater Rift level, so choose wisely when you can.
- The first service is to upgrade your Greater Rift Keystone to a higher level. As noted above, if you did really well during your run, you'll be able to skip multiple Greater Rift levels and receive a keystone of a much higher rank. This option will only be available to players who are able to defeat the Rift Guardian before time expires.
- The second service is to upgrade your Legendary Gem(s). You'll have three attempts to upgrade a Legendary Gem. You can use all three attempts on one gem, or split the attempts between multiple different gems. The chance for an upgrade attempt to succeed is based on a combination of the rank of the Legendary Gem you're attempting to upgrade and the level of Greater Rift you reached. The higher the rift level, the more likely your attempt will succeed!
Track Your Progress:Once you reach the end of your Greater Rift journey, your best results will be posted to the appropriate Leaderboards. To view your Leaderboard ranking at any time, simply click on the "Leaderboards" button located in the bottom right corner of the main hero screen.
Greater Rift leaderboards will be split between both Hardcore and Normal gameplay modes as well as Seasonal and Non-Seasonal characters. To help encourage a variety of play styles and allow you to measure yourself against similar competitors, we've also broken up Greater Rift leaderboards into the following categories:
- Solo play for each class (e.g. top players for Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Crusader, etc.)
- 2-Player Groups
- 3-Player Groups
- 4-Player Groups
The challenges you face in Greater Rifts will push you to your limits and test your skill in battle. They offer measures by which to judge your ability, and rewards that make you stronger with every test. Will you overcome your enemies and succeed? Your trials await you, nephalem!
- Reduce the number of extreme outliers in class balance in order to set us up for ongoing improvements
- Provide ourselves a new metric (Greater Rifts) by which we can more easily identify future outliers
- Expand class diversity
- This is a design goal for us, and we've touched a little on it (see below). However, we want each class performing similarly and with fewer outliers before we introduce new play styles.
- Buff every class through the roof
- While power creep is somewhat inevitable with new content (Legendary Gems, I'm looking at you!), you need to sand down the rough edges before you primer them! We want to reign some things in, buff some things up, and ensure each class has comparable (if different) tools available to them.
The overarching philosophies for this patch are as follows and apply to most, if not all, the classes:
- Provide elemental diversity among a class' available skills
- This is an ongoing process, and while we've partially addressed elemental diversity for most classes, there's still more to go (such as addressing Poison and Cold for Demon Hunters and Crusaders respectively).
- Buff significantly underused skills by increasing numbers or redesigning runes with more interesting or useful mechanics.
- Channeling spells for Wizards or Furious Charge for Barbarians are great examples of these changes. There's still some skills out there that need work, we just may not get to them for 2.1.
- Buff Healing
- This can apply to every class. We want players to use healing on their gear, especially in higher level Greater Rifts, and it should feel much more reliable and on-demand (depending on which type of healing you prefer to stack).
- Ensure that the elemental types and skill mechanics fulfill the fantasy of the class
- We talk about class fantasy a lot, and making sure your class feels the way it should. The addition of the Crusader set, Roland’s Legacy, is a prime example of this. Crusaders should feel like they have options in melee, and we feel this set helps satisfy that need.
@Arukemos it's a tradition for me... Buy a copy on release day. I may help design the game but first I am a player :) (Twitter)
What doesn't make sense to me, is why don't the greater rift trials follow the same level gain philosophy as greater rifts themselves: the faster you clear a wave, the more difficult the next wave. Instead of tracking progress as # of waves completed, its wave difficulty completed.We’re looking at allowing you to advance through the Trials more quickly. We're also keeping an eye on Greater Rift Keystone advancement, and will make adjustments as needed. Our goal is for players to be able to skip forward aggressively, but not so fast that you worry about “overshooting” and ending up in a rift that's too high for you.
The Diablo III game guide has just been updated with information on new Ultimate Evil Edition features:
- We are currently aware of an issue that is causing players to receive the following message when attempting to play Ultimate Evil Edition on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One:
- We've received a few reports from PS4 players noting that they have been unable to claim their Infernal Pauldrons.
- This issue appears to be related to a license not properly being applied to some players' SEN accounts after entering the item code. Luckily, we have identified a workaround that should help most of you get past this issue:
- 1. Navigate to the Settings option on the PS4 Dynamic Menu
- 2. Select "PSN"
- 3. Select "Restore Licenses"
- 4. Re-launch Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and you should find your preorder item in your inventory
- Additionally, please ensure that your console is connected to the internet, as downloading the available patch over PSN is required to collect the item.
- After you've successfully linked your Sony Entertainment Network and Xbox Live accounts via Battle.net, launch Ultimate Evil Edition and create a new game. Once you're in game, visit your newest town hub and open your Shared Stash. Under the "Ring" category, you should see your Signet Ring of the Blizzard. If you do not see the ring, try relogging into the game after waiting a few minutes.
Defeat Paladin Challenge
Spectral Spider is labeled as a beast but the spiders produced by its deathrattle are non-labeled minions. Is this intentional?
Yeah, those are ghosts, intentionally. - Ben Brode (Source)
Can you explain the design choice to have Mad Scientist put a secret directly into play instead of in hand?
Play makes it better. We wanted it to be good! :)
Too soon to say how good this card is and what the impact is, but with just a draw, it's in line with Loot Hoarder, a good card.
Except you have to play with secrets for it to be good. That's not always upside. - Ben Brode (Source)
Why doesnt Betrayal scale with Spellpower while Blade Flurry does?
It's kind of weird but betrayal deals no damage. It causes a minion to deal damage. - Ben Brode (Source)
Worth noting that this means that it DOES trigger Emperor Cobra, Patient Assassin and Maexxna's ability.
What's your opinion on the current state of Flare? General pro consensus that people seem to be catching onto is that its 2 strong.
Mostly I don't like how it randomly pwns secrets. You should have to make a choice to include a card like that in your deck. - Ben Brode (Source)
However, no current plans to change it. - Ben Brode (Source)
A while ago it was mentioned everything in HS was equally obtainable - now TeSPA back and CE WoD backs are 'limited' -any thoughts?
Don't remember that. Golden Gelbin Mekkatorque as been in the game since the beginning and it's the same kind of thing. - Ben Brode (Source)
Build 18738 postavljen je na beta serverima!
- Warlords challenge mode mount je Challenger's War Yeti.
- Legendary questline achievement: Chapter I: Call of the Archmage, Chapter II: Gul'dan Strikes Back, Chapter III: The Foundry Falls.
Blizzard je neznatno ažurirao Login Screen.
Ažuriran Character Selection Screen
Par rasa dobilo je neznatno ažurirane character selection screen.
Road of Glory: Capturing Points
We will be iterating on the design of the Road of Glory in the coming builds. Currently, the control point at each “node” within the RoG will despawn the higher level guards (Vanguard/Knights on Alliance and Bloodguard/Wolf Riders on Horde), while killing players and lower level guards (Marines/Grunts/Archers) will determine whether you capture that node.
This design can be a little confusing as there are two win conditions to each node, so we’re going to experiment with having the control zone completely win you the node. You won’t have to finish the reinforcement quota.
Often times we see players push further than they should and the node is lagging behind. This design will have the benefit of allowing the flow of battle to follow that of the natural combat.
Road of Glory: Mage Towers
Also new in the Road of Glory will be “mini-bosses” in the Mage towers. We’re experimenting with these being bonus objectives (with rewards). You don’t necessarily have to kill the Mage in these towers, but ignoring them will be challenging.
The design goal for these guys is to add more texture/interest/gameplay to the RoG, but also to slow down how fast a faction can progress to the main base. It should be challenging for a faction to storm the enemy base.
Note that we will be performing hotfixes to tune the Mages after the beta goes live, they’ll probably be a bit overpowered when beta goes up (I may of made them way too OP).
Road of Glory: Storming the enemy base
Our vision for the final encounter with Volrath and Tremblade is not fully implemented, but this upcoming build will get it closer to where we want it. Upon killing the faction leader you will get a juicy reward (including Conquest). You will have some time to pillage the enemy base using keys found within Ashran to open chests, and afterword you will be put onto a Gryphon/Wyvern back to home base whereby the RoG will reset.
We also have plans on making the encounter with the faction leader more engaging. And we have not yet fully done a tuning pass on health/damage numbers.
We agree with the feedback that the buffs found in Ashran are a bit too strong. We’re going to be toning them down by duration, rarity and/or effect.
We have done some changes to the amount of Artifact Fragments each objective at the base requires. Summoning Kronus and Fangraal will require a bit more work, but we’ve reduced how many Artifact Fragments are required for the Mage Portals and Warlock Gateways.
The Shaman book has been completely redone. We’ve added a new Druid book which is less rare than the now Legendary Flight Form book. We’ve also re-designed the Death Knight and Warlock books.
In addition, the class Books now only come from the “bosses” of Ashran found within the outskirts (Titarus, Brickhouse etc.) and within the Ring of Conquest. These encounters are designed for small groups of players from 3-5.
The events around the four major POIs will soon give a few minute warning before they begin. These events will reward conquest.
Other Future changes
- We will be doing a pass on the spawning the zone on abilities, health and damage.
- Kronus and Fangraal’s abilities will be polished. They are also intended to move with the lane back and forth. Currently this is not yet fully implemented.
- The rewards from the quartermaster and honor/conquest vendors are not yet complete.
- The Mage Portal and Warlock Gateway guardians will be tuned and give a reward.
- Rescuing the prisoner NPC’s will give a reward.
- Spawning in the zone will have proper loot tables. (Saberon drop things Saberon drop elsewhere in the game etc.)