- Many tooltips have been updated to reflect any changes made via recent hotfixes.
- The guild reward Armadillo Pup now requires revered faction instead of exalted.
- Bloodlust, Heroism, Time Warp and Ancient Hysteria can no longer be cast while in Arenas.
The Battle for Gilneas
- The time it takes to capture a flag has been reduced to 5 seconds, down from 8.
Strand of the Ancients
- The damage done by Antipersonnel Cannons has been doubled.
- The missile speed of Rocket Blast (Antipersonnel Cannons) has been increased by roughly 50%.
- Some Antipersonnel Cannons could shoot the platform they were spawned on. These spawn locations have been fixed.
- The Battleground Demolisher no longer has two additional seats and now only has room for the driver.
- A PvP duration flag has been added to Battleground Demolishers. This should make it so crowd control effects cast on unmanned demolishers does not last an extended amount of time.
- There should no longer be a discrepancy in time when the Battleground Demolishers spawn at the start of each round.
- The Battleground Demolishers spawned on the docks no longer despawn when the north graveyard is taken by the offense.
- Massive Seaforium Charges should now be useable in rated Battleground matches.
- The duration of the Teleport debuff has been lowered to 10 seconds, down from 20.
- The radius of the Seaforium Blast has been lowered to 10 yards, down from 20.
- The draenei racial trait Gift of the Naaru now heals 20% of the target's health over 15 seconds, rather than a scaling value.
- The dwarven racial trait Stoneform now reduces all damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor by 10%. It also increases the dwarf's size when used.
- The gnomish racial trait Escape Artist now has a 1.5-minute cooldown, down from 1.75.
- The human racial trait Every Man for Himself has been reverted back to a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3 minutes.
- The night elf racial trait Shadowmeld can now be used while shapeshifted.
- The tauren racial trait War Stomp can now be used while shapeshifted.
- The worgen racial trait Darkflight now has a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3, and is no longer on the global cooldown. In addition, the movement speed bonus now stacks with existing bonuses, but cannot be activated while Sprint or Dash is active (and they cannot be activated while Darkflight is active).
- Icebound Fortitude now breaks stuns when used, in addition to providing immunity to them.
- Necrotic Strike's absorption effect is now reduced by the target's resilience.
- Crimson Scourge has been redesigned slightly. Instead of a 50/100% chance to make the next Blood Boil free when Plague Strike is used on a target with Blood Plague, the talent now gives a 5/10% chance to provide a free Blood Boil when the death knight lands any melee attack on a Blood Plagued target.
- Will of the Necropolis no longer refunds a Blood Rune when it resets Rune Tap's cooldown. Instead it makes the next Rune Tap free while Will of the Necropolis is active.
- Howling Blast now deals 40% less damage to all targets other than the primary target of the spell.
- Might of the Frozen Wastes now also increases all melee damage by 4/8/12% while wielding a two-handed weapon.
- Desecration is now also triggered by Necrotic Strike.
- Runic Corruption procs while the aura is already active now add 3 seconds to the existing aura duration, instead of simply refreshing/overwriting the existing aura.
- Unholy Might (passive) has been reduced to a 5% Strength increase, down from 10%.
- Glyph of Death's Embrace no longer refunds Runic Power when self-healing via Lichborne.
- Barkskin is no longer dispellable.
- Healing Touch is now trained at level 78, up from level 3.
- Lacerate damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- Mangle (Bear Form) weapon damage (at level 80+) has been reduced to 235%, down from 300%.
- Mangle (Cat Form) weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 460%, up from 360%.
- Maul damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- Mount Up: This guild perk now applies to Flight Form and Swift Flight Form as well.
- Nourish is now trained at level 8, down from level 78.
- Omen of Clarity can no longer trigger from helpful spells (aka heals), unless the Restoration talent Malfurion's Gift is chosen.
- Rake damage has been reduced by 10%.
- Rejuvenation is now trained at level 3, down from level 8. In addition, its mana cost has been reduced from 26% to 16%.
- Rip damage has been reduced by 10%.
- Shred weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 450%, up from 350%.
- The Shooting Stars buff duration has been increased to 12 seconds, up from 8 seconds.
- Wild Mushroom is now instant cast, down from 0.5 seconds. In addition, the radius of detonation has been increased to 6 yards, up from 3, and damage done increased by 15%.
- Berserk (instant Mangle proc) now has a new Spell Alert identifier. In addition, Berserk no longer breaks Fear or makes the druid immune to Fear.
- Pulverize weapon damage percent has been reduced to 80%, down from 100%.
- Empowered Touch now also affects Regrowth.
- Nature's Bounty no longer affects Swiftmend, but now has a new effect. When the druid has Rejuvenation on 3 or more targets, the cast time of Nourish is reduced by 10/20/30%.
- Glyph of Regrowth now causes the heal-over-time effect to refresh itself on targets at or below 50% health, up from 25%.
- Glyph of Wrath now increases damage done by Wrath by 10% and no longer requires Insect Swarm on the target.
- Aimed Shot! weapon damage has been increased to 200%.
- Aspect of the Wild, Aspect of the Hawk, and Aspect of the Fox can now be cast while mounted.
- Deterrence now provides 100% chance for melee attacks to miss instead of 100% parry chance. This means that attacks that cannot be parried, notably some rogue abilities, can now be prevented by Deterrence, and the hunter will gain the benefit of Deterrence even if disarmed.
- Dust Cloud's cooldown and duration have been modified to make it closer aligned with Tailspin (same effect, different pet).
- Kill Command's damage has been increased by 20%.
- Kill Shot's attack power scaling has been increased by 50%.
- Master's Call now has a 35-second cooldown, down from 1 minute. In addition, the visual effect is more obvious.
- Chimera Shot's attack power scaling has been increased by 20%.
- Into the Wilderness (passive) has been reduced to a 10% Agility increase, down from 15%.
- Pets now have 70% of the master's armor, rather than a different value based on which type of pet they are.
- Shale Spiders now correctly have a special ability (Web Wrap).
- Bad Manner (monkey) now properly breaks from damage.
- Flame Orb now ignores critters.
- The mana costs of Arcane Brilliance and Dalaran Brilliance have been reduced by approximately 16%, making them roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- Ring of Frost: Radius shrunk to 8 yards, and inner "safe" radius is now 4.7 yards (exactly matching graphic). Dispelling the effect of Ring of Frost will now make the target immune to being refrozen for 3 seconds. If a second Ring of Frost is cast by the same mage while the first is still active (via Cold Snap), the first will now disappear and cease functioning.
- Ring of Frost can now be cast, and works properly, on transports (this includes elevators, trapdoors, etc.).
- The mana costs of Blessing of Might and Blessing of Kings have been increased by approximately 217%, making them roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- Crusader Strike weapon damage percent has been increased to 135%, up from 115%.
- Divine Plea now lasts for 9 seconds, down from 15. It grants 4% mana per tick, instead of 2%, for a total of 12% mana, up from 10%.
- Divine Purpose: The chance for applicable abilities to generate Holy Power has been reduced to 7/15%, down from 20/40%, but instead of generating 1 Holy Power, the next applicable ability used consumes no Holy Power and acts as if the paladin has 3 Holy Power.
- Hand of Light (Mastery): A percentage of the damage done by Templar's Verdict, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm is done as additional Holy damage.
- Repentance is no longer broken from damage done by Censure (Seal of Truth).
- Glyph of Divine Plea now adds 6% mana, for a total of 18% over 9 seconds.
- The duration of Levitate has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 2.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Fortitude has been reduced by approximately 68%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%.
- The mana cost of Renew has been reduced by 24%.
- The mana cost of Shadow Protection has been reduced by approximately 65%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- Focused Will now procs when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Improved Power Word: Shield now also increases the amount absorbed by an additional 15/30% when cast on oneself.
- Pain Suppression is no longer dispellable.
- Blessed Resilience will now proc when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Chakra states now last 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
- Desperate Prayer now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value.
- Holy Concentration now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%.
- Holy Word: Chastise now has a 30-second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage.
- Lightwell's health has been increased by 50% (for PvP purposes).
- Serendipity now has Spell Alert and Floating Combat Text feedback support.
- Surge of Light can now also proc from Flash Heal and Greater Heal, and can now also critically hit.
- Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.
- Glyph of Pain Suppression has been renamed Glyph of Desperation and now allows Guardian Spirit to be cast while stunned, in addition to Pain Suppression.
- Glyph of Psychic Horror now reduces the cooldown of Psychic Horror by 30 seconds, down from 60.
- Glyph of Spirit of Redemption has been converted into Glyph of Prayer of Mending, which increases the healing done by the first charge of Prayer of Mending by 60%.
- Combat Readiness now lasts for 20 seconds, down from 30 seconds, but the Combat Insight stacking buff lasts 10 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
- Smoke Bomb now lasts for 5 seconds, down from 10 seconds.
- Main Gauche (Mastery) now provides a chance to deal an attack for 75% of main-hand damage. This attack can trigger Combat Potency.
- Revealing Strike now increases finisher effectiveness by 35% (45% glyphed), up from 20% (30% glyphed).
- Curse of Exhaustion now reduces movement speed by 30%, down from 50%.
- Drain Mana has been removed from the game.
- Unstable Affliction's silence effect has been reduced to 3 seconds, down from 5.
- Demonic Rebirth now highlights summoning spells when active.
- Inferno no longer increases the radius of Hellfire.
- Shadow and Flame can now proc from Incinerate in addition to Shadow Bolt.
- Glyph of Soul Swap cooldown has been increased to 15 seconds, up from 10 seconds.
- Charge now shares diminishing returns with stun effects.
- Cleave damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Heroic Strike damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Juggernaut no longer increases the cooldown on Charge, but instead increases the duration of the Charge stun by 2 seconds. In addition, Charge is usable in all stances, however, the talent now causes Charge and Intercept to share a cooldown.
- Lambs to the Slaughter: Instead of granting 10/20/30% damage to the next Mortal Strike, Overpower, or Execute, it now grants a 10% buff to any Mortal Strike, Overpower, Slam, or Execute that stacks 1/2/3 times.
- War Academy no longer buffs Heroic Strike or Cleave. It now buffs Mortal Strike, Raging Blow, Devastate, Victory Rush and Slam.
- Unshackled Fury (Mastery) now grants 5.6% benefit per mastery point, up from 4.7%.
- Glyph of Rapid Charge has been changed from a 7% reduction to Charge's cooldown, to 1 second off of the cooldown. This change is primarily to clarify the exact cooldown reduction this glyph provides.
- Multiple spawn locations now exist for the Confectioner's Sugar (daily quest item) in Stormwind.
- Bell of Enraging Resonance can now trigger from any damage spell instead of only critical strike.
- The Fury of Angerforge internal cooldown has been drastically reduced so this trinket will build up charges much faster.
- Mandala of Stirring Patterns now grants Intellect instead of Mastery.
- The PvP Priest 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. When Power Word: Shield is cast on the priest, movement speed reduction effects are temporally suppressed for 4 seconds.
- For opening cinematics there is now a streaming option interface in the login screen for play-on-demand.
- The Character Info window (C) now saves for each specialization how stat categories are ordered by players, as well as whether categories are expanded/collapsed.
- Character movement speed is now displayed on the Character Info window (C) with all other stats.
- There are now number displays on the summary page and dropdown menu.
- Ready Flash has been added to the race icons.
- A View All button has been added to the profession display regardless of whether Show Offline Members is checked.
- Online members can now be sorted to the top of the View Crafters list.
- The guild reputation cap is now displayed in the tooltip.
Real ID & Chat
- Real ID login notifications now include character and game icons.
- Players can now right-click close a chat window tab even if it's not the current tab.
- There is now an option to auto-pop whispers into a new tab.
- Popped out whisper windows now show online/offline status messages.
- Many bugs... handled them!
Quests & Creatures
Tol Barad Peninsula
- A new achievement, Just Another Day in Tol Barad, has been added for completing all of the Tol Barad daily quests.
- Crazed Guards now drop Rusty Rifles.
- The spawn rate of Alliance and Horde Infantry for the quest "The Leftovers" has been increased.
- The Magnetized Scrap Collector for the quest "Magnets, How Do They Work?" will now be correctly removed from players' bags upon completing the quest.
- Both the Baradin's Wardens and Hellscream's Reach Commendations are now Bound to Account items.
- Worgen now work properly in the Barbershop.
- Silverpine Forest Quests now requires 55 quests, down from 60.
- Ashenvale Quests now requires 62 quests, down from 80.
- Dustwallow Marsh Quests now requires 48 quests, down from 50.
- Un'Goro Crater Quests now requires 41 quests, down from 45.
- To Hellfire and Back now requires 76 quests, down from 80.
- To Hellfire and Back now requires 86 quests, down from 90.
- Sinking into Vashj'ir now requires 140 quests, down from 160.
- Deep into Deepholm now requires 110 quests, down from 125.
- Unearthing Uldum now requires 105 quests, down from 108.
- Blood Strike damage is increased by 12.5% for each of your diseases on the target, up from 10%.
- Heart Strike now deals 120% weapon damage, up from 100%.
- Blood Boil base damage increased by 20%, from 297 to 357.
- Blood Presence now increases armor contribution by 30%, down from 60%.
- Death Strike now heals for 15% of the damage sustained, down from 25%.
- Crimson Scourge now has a 5/10% chance to proc from melee attacks on a target infected with your Blood Plague. (Old - 50/100% chance to proc from Plague Strike)
- Will of the Necropolis no longer regenerates a Blood Rune but makes your next Rune Tap free instead.
- Runic Empowerment wording changed to add "successfully" use Death Coil, Frost Strike, or Rune Strike.
- Rune Strike now deals 180% weapon damage, up from 150%.
- Might of the Frozen Wastes now also has a 4/8/12% chance to proc from your melee attacks. 15/30/45% chance to proc from auto attacks remain the same.
- Killing Machine no longer affects Icy Touch.
- Scourge Strike now deals an additional 18% Physical damage done as Shadow Damage for each disease on your target. Up from 12%.
- Unholy Might now increases your Strength by 5%, down from 10%.
- Desecration now also affects Necrotic Strikes.
- Typhoon now deals nature damage to target in front of the caster within 30 yards.
- Shooting Stars now lasts 12 sec, up from 8 sec.
- Balance of Power now increases spell hit rating by an additional amount equal to 50/100% of any spirit gained from item or effects. (Old - Just 50/100% of your Spirit)
- (Mangle) Mangle now deals 300% normal damage, down from 360%. Additional damage reduced by 17%, from 1044 to 870.
- Thrash base damage has been reduced by 17%, from 243 to 202. Bleed effect base damage also reduced by 17%, from [ 7.8% of AP + 455 ] to [ 7.8% of AP + 379 ]
- Lacerate damage has been reduced by 17%, from [ 11.5% of AP + 295.99 ] damage + [ 0.038% of AP + 118.4 ] bleed over 15 sec to [ 9.58% of AP + 246.66 ] damage + [ 0.032% of AP + 98.65 ] bleed over 15 sec.
- Frenzied Regeneration now regenerates 0.15% of max health for each point of rage, down from 0.3%.
- Swipe base damage has been reduced by 17%, from 171 to 143.
- Maul now scales from 30% of Attack Power, down from 36%.
- Berserk no longer clears the effect of Fear or makes you immune to Fear for the duration.
- Pulverize now deals 100% weapon damage, down from 120%. Base additional damage reduced by 17%, from 541 to 450.
- Leader of the Pack now causes you to gain 8% of your maximum mana, up from 4%.
- Thick Hide now increases armor while in Bear Form by an additional 26/52/78%, up from 11/22/33%.
- Omen of Clarity now procs from damage spells and attacks instead of proc from damage and healing spells.
- Rejuvenation now costs 16% of base mana, down from 26% of base mana.
- Nature's Bounty proc effect removed and replaced with a new effect - Increases the critical effect chance of your Regrowth spell by 20/40/60%. In addition, when you have Rejuvenation active on three or more targets, the cast time of your Nourish spell is reduced by 10/20/30%.
- Empowered Touch now increases direct healing done by Healing Touch, Regrowth, and Nourish. (Old - Increased healing by Healing Touch and Nourish only)
- Kill Command now scales from 51.6% of Ranged Attack Power, up from 43%.
- Kill Shot additional damage increased by 50%, from 362 to 543.
- Aimed Shot! now deals 102.5% ranged weapon damage, up from 95%.
- Chimera Shot base damage has been increased by 11%, from 973 to 1081.
- Into the Wilderness now increases Agility by 10%, down from 15%.
- Arcane Brilliance now costs 26% of base mana, down from 31% of base mana.
- Counterspell no longer generates a high amount of threat.
- Ice Shards (Rank 2) effect now lasts 2 sec, up from 1.5 sec.
- Divine Plea now gives you 12% of your total mana over 9 sec, up from 10% of your total mana over 15 sec.
- Light of Dawn base healing has been reduced by 40%, from 1008 - 1124 to 605 - 675.
- Tower of Radiance no longer affects Holy Light.
- Blessing of Kings now costs 19% of base mana, up from 6% of base mana.
- Shield of the Templar (Rank 1) now reduces the cooldown of Guardian of Ancient Kings by 40 sec, down from 45 sec. Other ranks unchanged.
- Mastery: Hand of Light has been revamped - Your Templar's Verdict, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm deal 20% additional damage as Holy damage. Each point of Mastery increases the damage by an additional 2.5%.
- Blessing of Might now costs 19% of base mana, up from 5% of base mana.
- Divine Purpose now has a 7/15% chance to cause your next Holy Power ability to consume no Holy Power and to cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. (Old - 20/40% chance to generate Holy Power)
- Levitate now lasts 10 min, up from 2 min.
- Power Word: Fortitude now costs 22% of base mana, down from 69%.
- Power Word: Shield now scales from 87% of spell power, up from 41.8%. Base absorb increased by 110%, from 3906 to 8136. Now costs 25% of base mana, up from 19% of base mana.
- Focused Will now reduces all damage taken by 5/10%, up from 4/6%.
- Grace can now be active on multiple targets at a time.
- Strength of Soul now also rpocs from Greater Heal and Flash Heal.
- Pain Suppression no longer increases resistance to Dispel mechanics.
- Rapture now energizes you with 2/4/6% of your total mana, up from 1.5/2/2.5%.
- Atonement now affects a friendly party or raid target within 15 yards, up from 8 yards.
- Improved Power Word: Shield now also increase the damage absorbed by an additional 15/30% when Power Word: Shield is cast on yourself.
- Holy Word: Chastise now has a 30 sec cooldown, up from 25 sec.
- Chakra's state now last 1 min, up from 30 sec.
- Blessed Resilience now increases all healing received by 15/30%, up from 5/10%.
- Holy Concentration now increases mana regeneration by 15/30%, up from 10/20%.
- Surge of Light now also procs from Flash Heal and Greater Heal.
- Shadow Protection now costs 22% of base mana, down from 62% of base mana.
- Combat Readiness now lasts 20 sec, down from 30 sec. Now expires after 10 sec, up from 6 sec.
- Combat Potency now also affects Main Gauche attacks.
- Revealing Strike now increases effectiveness of your next offensive finishing move on the target by 35%, up from 20%.
- Smoke Bomb now lasts 5 sec, down from 10 sec.
Just a few additions of Glyph in spell tooltips to properly reflect their effects when you use them. Nothing new.
- Drain Mana has been removed.
- Drain Life (Soulburn) base damage has been decreased by 13%, from 125 to 109.
- Curse of Exhaustion now reduces movement speed by 30%, down from 50%.
- Inferno no longer increases the radius of Hellfire.
- Shadow and Flame effect can now also proc from Incinerate.
- Lambs to the Slaughter now stacks up to 3 times, lasts 15 seconds and affects Slam - Your Mortal Strike causes the Slaughter effect, which increases the damage of Execute, Overpower, Slam and Mortal Strike by 10%. Lasts 15 sec. Stacks up to 1/2/3 times.
- Juggernaut no longer increases the cooldown of Charge by 5 seconds and now makes Charge and Intercept share a cooldown instead. Now increases the duration of your Charge stun by 2 sec.
- Raging Blow now deals 80% weapon damage, down from 110%.
- Mix Master (guild achievement) is now awarded at 1,000 flasks, down from 10,000, and Better Leveling Through Chemistry (guild achievement) is awarded at 3,000 flasks, down from 25,000. It turns out we overestimated these numbers just a smidgen. More information can be found here.
- The 7th and 8th guild bank tabs will now let players withdraw and deposit items after the guild master is changed.
- All six of the guild battle standards have had their experience and honor gain buffs increased to 5/10/15%, up from 2/4/6%, and they last for a duration of 10 minutes.
- Haste buffs no longer reduce the effectiveness of haste on resource regeneration rates (energy, focus, etc.).
- "Smart" food ended up not being so smart. Players who have small amounts of dodge rating as a vestige of some item bugs in the past will no longer get a dodge buff when they eat "smart" food like Cataclysm feasts if they are not plate tanks. Other classes and specializations will get their dominant primary stat.
- Fungal Growth is now applied even if Wild Mushroom: Detonate is used at a distance of 40 yards.
- Skull Bash no longer interrupts the target if it fails to land successfully.
- The heal from Atonement is now capped at 30% of the priest's health before any modifiers such as healing percentage bonus effects/talents.
- Friendly Grounding Totems are no longer affected by a warlock's Soul Swap or Soul Swap Exhale. The Grounding Totem is not despawning on either cast, and Soul Swap is working correctly when moving damage-over-time effects to other targets that are near the totem.
Dungeons & Raids
- Several Cataclysm raid bosses are now properly immune to pet provoke abilities.
- Players are no longer put in their own instance after relogging in a dungeon to which they've already been saved.
The Bastion of Twilight
- Shadow/Fire elementals are now always absorbed during the Cho’gall encounter. Elementals are absorbed no matter what amount of health they have. Cho’gall always receives the appropriate amount of the appropriate buff when consuming an elemental. The elementals are unable to fall below 1 health or otherwise be killed, so Cho’gall always gets 1 stack of the corresponding buff at minimum.
- Shadow Lords will no longer regenerate health under any circumstance.
- Liquid Ice in phase 3 of the Ascendant Council encounter now deals more damage.
- The damaging component of Eruption no longer interrupts Terrastra when casting Harden Skin or Quake.
- Bellows Slaves no longer drop elite-level loot.
- Anti-Magic Shell no longer stops Onyxia or Nefarian's Shadowflame Breath from being cast.
- Chimaeron now resets his melee attack cycle after each Massacre and removes the Double Attack buff.
- Caustic Slime no longer effects non-player targets.
- As creature pulls in Blackwing Descent can be very condensed, they now have a slightly higher chance of dropping epic loot.
- Heroic Deadmines now has significantly less trash mobs.
- The mechanical nightmare section of the Vanessa VanCleef encounter has less sparks of doom, and is notably easier and faster to navigate.
- Vapors in the Ripsnarl encounter now increase in power every 8 seconds, up from 6.
- No aura or strange movement is applied when using the Slipstream after Grand Vizier Ertran is killed.
- A summoned pet will correctly re-summon when using the Slipstream after Altarius is killed.
- Crafting the four Northrend flasks (Endless Rage, Pure Mojo, Frost Wyrm and Stoneblood) no longer counts toward the guild achievements Mix Master or Better Leveling Through Chemistry.
- Flasks made by the Cauldron of Battle and the Big Cauldron of Battle are no longer soulbound.
- Both cauldrons now last 10 minutes. Please note the tooltips will not be updated until a client-side patch is applied.
- The Big Cauldron of Battle now has 20/30 charges instead of 17/25. Please note the tooltip will not be updated until a client-side patch is applied.
- All eight of the Engineering discoveries are now able to be learned through crafting the Overpowered Chicken Splitter at max-level Engineering.
- The Invisibility Field no longer causes the Dazzler backfire effect. Additionally, the Invisibility Field effect does not carry over into Arenas and cannot be used in Arenas.
- Giant Catfish now drop more frequently and Hardened Walleye now drop a little less frequently while on the appropriate daily quests.
- Dragonkin in Grim Batol can now be skinned.
- Creatures can no longer be skinned more than once.
- Cooldowns should now properly reset upon entering a rated Battleground.
- Players should no longer lose their Horde/Alliance buffs if caught by a druid's Cyclone while participating in War Games.
- The number of guard spawns has been increased for both Horde and Alliance base camps, with guards now surrounding the edges of each camp. Both Alliance and Horde guards use all abilities that the Furious Hyjal Warden uses and will attack with ranged abilities when unable to find a path, or at a distance. Guards are also immune to taunt effects. In addition, Hellscream and Baradin Guards now respawn more quickly.
- The northern graveyards on Tol Barad Peninsula for each faction have been moved further apart from one another to lessen the fantastic camping.
Quests, Creatures & Zones
- Red Rider Air Rifle and Red Rider Air Rifle Ammo are now part of Jepetto Joybuzz's vendor list and can be purchased for their displayed prices.
- Kruban Darkblade now spawns above ground and paths normally in Orgrimmar while the Darkmoon Faire is active.
- Spiny Tidecrawlers and Darkwood Hatchlings now appear as non-aggressive (yellow).
- Imprisoned Workers now have a smaller aggro radius. They also drop Cellblock Rations for players that are on the quest "Food From Below".
- The Baradin Crocolisk can be skinned without issue and the Crocolisk Hide, used in the quest "Swamp Bait", is no longer multi-drop.
- "The Leftovers", "Swamp Bait", and "A Huge Problem" quests are now sharable on the Alliance, and both the Alliance and Horde versions give high reputation and gold.
- Tank and Problim now have full immunities to all crowd control effects.
- The Desert Fox is now flagged "Cannot be tamed" when Beast Lore is cast on the creature.
- Ramkahen now has a functional mailbox. What can King Phaoris do for you?
- Overseer Idra'kess now leashes and returns to his original position.
We would love to implement better ways for Dungeon Finder to detect if players know what they're doing in dungeons beyond just the gear they've accumulated. We have some long-term design goals in mind for this we're not quite prepared to share this early on though.
Why did we die? (Source)
One flaw with the current system, is if players fail in a pick-up group, they aren't told why they failed. People then tend to play the blame game, often directing malice at the healer(s).
So while I'm speaking more about class roles, I think the idea still lends itself to your question. It'd be helpful to get more information than just through trial and error. Groups could benefit if they knew they didn't wipe because the healer didn't manage mana well enough, but because the DPS wasn't high enough, or boss adds weren't properly rounded up, etc.
GOM TV is kicking off the new year with the GSL 2011 Sponsorship Season 1, matching 64 top players (as determined through the three previous open seasons) against one another in the season opener. The first GSL Sponsorship season will run from January 2 through January 29, but remember, if you miss any of the live games (or want to check out some earlier matches from Season 3), you can catch up on all of the action at http://www.gomtv.net.
We appreciate all of your feedback regarding this change. We'll continue working to make Tol Barad a fun and engaging PvP environment.
Whats the word on the bridge exploit?
We're working on a fix for this right now.
- Flame Orb and Frostfire Orb no longer break any version of Polymorph.
- Righteous Fury is now unable to be dispelled.
- The Strength bonus from the Retribution version of Guardian of Ancient Kings now applies its bonus based on total Strength instead of just base Strength.
Dungeons & Raids
Bastion of Twilight
- It was sometimes possible for Arion to instantly Chain Lightning the targets affected by Lightning Rod, with no time for them to react. This has been corrected.
- If one of the three most distant targets from Ignacious was 20 or fewer yards away and Ignacious picked that target for Inferno Leap, the spell would fail entirely, but the cooldown would be consumed. Inferno Leap can now be cast on players 20 yards or fewer away from Ignacious.
- The Elementium Monstrosity will now prefer ranged targets to melee targets with its Electrical Instability beams. If there are more beams active then there are ranged targets present, then the beams will start hitting melee targets.
- Flame Destruction cast during the Cho'gall encounter now does approximately 30% more damage per stack on Heroic difficulty.
- Sonar Pulse is now spawned on top of Atramedes' current location and will spawn regardless of where Atramedes is tanked. In addition, Sonar Pulse now idles for 1 second after being cast before they move away from their spawn location.
- It is no longer possible to use immunities to reset a player's sound bar while fighting Atramedes.
- Atramedes' Sonic Breath now properly ignores line of sight.
- Spirit of Ironstar's Shield of Light was taking too long to break and now absorbs less damage.
- Divine Shield prevents all damage from the Sparks in the Mechanical Nightmare.
- The Foe Reaper 5000 will not cast Harvest on players more than 70 yards away.
- Trogg Dwellers which cannot be reached by players via legitimate means no longer award experience or drop loot if killed.
Lost City of the Tol'vir
- Lockmaw's Frenzied Crocolisks have learned how to swim! In addition, Vicious Poison was doing too much damage and has been reduced slightly.
Throne of the Four Winds
- Players now receive credit for the achievements Heroic: Conclave of Wind or Throne of the Four Winds if they are dead when the encounter is defeated.
- It is no longer possible to fully resist Wind Burst from Al'Akir, avoiding all damage and knockback.
- Al'Akir's Static Shock has been changed from a damage-over-time spell with interrupts on ticks (10-second cooldown), to a direct-damage interrupt spell (5-second cooldown).
- Bloodthirsty and Vicious Gladiator's Chain Gauntlets had incorrect bonuses attached. Their bonuses now correctly reduce the cooldowns on regular traps and launched traps by 2 seconds.
- Bloodied Wyrmhide Gloves no longer have any expertise rating on them, and now grant Spirit instead.
- Select Archaeology nodes and dig sites have been updated to ensure the Map listings are correct and the nodes properly spawn within the dig sites.
- The cooking daily quest Chef's Awards no longer have a limit to how many players can hold at one time. Please note that the user interface will still say a maximum of 10 Chef's Award currency can be possessed until a client-side patch can be applied, but players can accrue more than 10.
- Tailors with 400 skill or higher should now receive additional cloth drops 50% of the time from anything that drops cloth, up from 25%.
- Baradin Guards now correctly attack Horde players which enter their aggro radius or attack them.
- Tol Barad now awards 360 Honor Points for winning as the attacking faction, down from 1800. Further details can be found on our forums.