Part 1 of 4. Heaven’s Devils: Lost Transmissions will reveal previously unreleased communications between UNN reporters Max Speer and Michael Liberty. Each broadcast offers a glimpse into the maneuverings of both the Confederacy and the outlaws James Raynor and Tychus Findlay, formerly of the Heaven’s Devils.
UNN Evening Report:
Reports are coming in about a massive explosion near a settlement on
the moon Haji. Only hours ago, Magistrates from the Mirsale subcontinent
alerted Confederate authorities regarding what is assumed to be a
faulty reactor incident. The subsequent fire is endangering the lives of
the 3 million colonists who work in the surrounding mines and
terraforming factories. Confederate forces are moving at breakneck speed
to restore vital services and save civilian lives.
Private Data-txt Sent from MSpeer to MLiberty
Hey Mike, hope things are going well. Looks like you've managed to avoid pissing off the bigwigs at UNN thus far, for which I heartily congratulate you.
Listen, I'll be quick. I've had my eyes opened since going freelance out here in the field. Seen some nasty stuff done under our beloved flag, and I don't know how long I can keep quiet about all this. So I'm unloading it all on you, pal. I know we never really got along, but—maybe it's because you were the only one who ever listened when I bitched about my reports getting censored? I don't know if you even want to do anything with this info. Stuff it all in a can if you want. Or maybe you really are the reporter I suspect you are and will consider doing some damn reporting some day. Anyway, here it is:
The Confederacy is using its state-run puppet show to lie to us again. I am currently stationed in the city of Geladi on the northern end of Mirsale, and the inferno is raging out of control.
This fire is NOT part of a reactor explosion. That is what they want you to believe.
The fire was set by local Confed authorities to trap some government-branded criminals inside an abandoned archeological dig site. Jim Raynor and Tychus Findlay, the one-time military heroes I've been reporting on—the guys who led the Heaven's Devils outfit—were hiding out there. Looks as if somebody snitched to the garrison officer. According to reports that I've intercepted, the CO here—General Sol Kervock—knew that the area had too many exit points that his targets could escape by, so he ordered that the surrounding buildings be set ablaze. The fires have now spread to nearby boroughs and threaten the lives of innocent civilians.
The Confederacy is putting lives at risk in order to achieve its narrow aims. I know you're not surprised, and neither am I.
I will let you know more as events unfold.
One question is often asked by the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty community regarding our new leagues and ladder system: “Who are the best players on the ladder?” We have plans to one day have the best players, based on their current rankings, compete against each other. In the meantime, we can pull some internal numbers, do a little math, and come up with a list of the best players in each region. Here are the top 200 players in Europe (last week's list). We'll update this list approximately every week until it's time to have them compete.
Congratulations to these players. Your skill is an inspiration to the entire StarCraft II community.
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=170079 (WarcraftMovies.com - primary source)
http://www.beyondthereallife.com/ (official homepage)
- Guild experience caps were being hit faster than expected. As a result, guild experience gained through questing has been reduced.
- After hitting the weekly guild reputation cap, players will no longer receive the message that they're at the cap every time a quest is turned in.
- It is no longer possible to activate Running Wild from a transform or shapeshift form (including Metamorphosis). When leaving a shapeshift form, worgen players will always be in worgen form and cannot toggle Two Forms while shapeshifted.
- Players should no longer be unable to chat, or join or leave private chat channels after a realm is restarted for any reason.
- Both Bear and Cat Form versions of Skull Bash are no longer able to be used to get to a target when there is no valid path available.
- It is no longer possible for hunters to tame pets in a way that allows them to keep any buffs the creatures had on them prior to being tamed.
- Dark Intent no longer causes the warlock to stand up while eating or drinking when a critical hit occurs.
- If Empowered Imp procs while casting Soul fire, the buff is no longer consumed.
- Searing Pain can still be cast if it misses while Soul Burn is active and does not consume Soul Burn until it lands.
Dungeons & Raids
- The droprates on all Bind-on-Equip items in Cataclysm dungeons have been reduced.
- Chaos Orbs now drop properly from Vanessa VanCleef in Heroic: Deadmines.
- It should no longer be possible for Vanessa VanCleef's note to spawn in Deadmines instances where groups have not killed Ripsnarl and Cookie.
- Admiral Ripsnarl's vapors no longer award reputation in Heroic: Deadmines.
- Summoned non-elite Twisted Visages no longer provide reputation in Grim Batol.
- Siamat in Lost City of the Tol'vir could sometimes fail to cast Deflecting Winds on time, rendering him unkillable. This has been corrected.
- NPCs which spawn during the Baron Silverlaine encounter in Shadowfang Keep no longer reward reputation when killed.
- All players should now correctly be rewarded with the Straw that Broke the Camel's Back achievement in Halls of Origination.
- Some Cataclysm world rare drops improperly had faction requirements which have been removed.
- The one-handed mace Torturer's Mercy had incorrect stats. It now has 136 Stamina, 91 Intellect, 61 Spirit, 61 mastery, and 1216 spell power.
- The one-handed Mace of Apotheosis had incorrect stats. It now has 160 Stamina, 107 Intellect, 54 Spirit, 81 mastery, and 1427 spell power.
- Fine-Toothed Comb, Fetish of Azrajar, Wil'hai's Extraneous Tooth, and Azralon's Twisted Rune are now correctly item level 285 and will accept Cataclysm-level gems in their prismatic sockets.
- Phantom Armor from Shadowfang Keep is now classified as plate armor to match its stats and itemization.
- The Vashj'ir quest reward Staff of Post-Facto Preparation now has spell power on it, 'cause it should.
- The Vashj'ir quest rewards Darkspear Ritual Blade and Gnomeregan Mindslicer now have spell power on them, 'cause they should.
- Several items in Cataclysm starting zones have been increased from item level 279 to 308, with relative stat increases.
- Completing Archaeology projects no longer progresses the guild achievement Making History. This is a temporary fix until an issue with this achievement can be addressed in an upcoming patch.
- Corpses of Scalding Rock Elementals can now be mined. It's possible to gain both Volatile Earth and Shimmering Shards from the corpses.
- Several Jewelcrafting designs were incorrectly tagged as Bind-on-Pickup and have been changed to Bind-on-Equip.
- The Alchemy skill Transmute: Living Elements now functions correctly in Deepholm and Uldum.
- Disenchanted green items are now giving more materials as the item levels increase. This change also ensures armor items give dust more often than essence, and that weapons give more essence than dust.
- Fishing in open water areas around Sulfuron Spire no longer yields Volatile Fire.
- Lifebound Alchemist Stones should now always be properly created when the necessary materials are consumed and skill-ups are awarded.
- The speed of the Blacksmithing mace Forged Elementium Mindcrusher was too fast compared to related items. Its speed is now 3.60.
- The Overpowered Chicken Splitter Engineering bow is now superior quality and no longer epic.
- The droprate on Volatile Life from herbs has been increased.
- Bario Matalli and Shazdar now properly sell Cocoa Beans, Noble Hops and Dry Yeast in unlimited quantities. Additionally, Innkeeper Allison no longer sells Fresh Goat's Milk and now carries Fresh Water instead.
- Drained Venomblood Scorpids can now be skinned.
Quests & Creatures
- It is now possible to complete the quest achievement Deep into Deepholm.
- Aggra's voice-overs can no longer be heard or read by other players during the Deepholm introduction at the Maelstrom.
- Living Bloods at Deathwing's Fall now spawn more quickly.
- Mercurial Oozes at the Upper Silvermarsh now spawn more quickly.
- Quest NPCs in the Temple of Earth should now appear during the final zone phases to guarantee players can still turn in quests regardless of progress.
- Players should no longer be repeatedly consumed by the very mean Colossal Gyreworm.
- Twilight Defilers, Twilight Heretics, and Twilight Desecrators can no longer be pickpocketed.
- Players are able to obtain the Bottle of Whiskey and the Spool of Rope for the quest "Without a Captain or Crew".
- If Earthmender Norsala despawns during the scripted event for "Wrath of the Fungalmancer", players can now still continue with the event.
- The Ruby Crystal Cluster is now multi-drop for players in a party and are respawning at a decent rate.
- Phased Armor cast by Twilight Dragonspawn and Seeping Quicksilver cast by Mercuiral Ooze were doing trivial amounts of damage. The damage of these abilities has been increased.
- War Machines now spawn more quickly in the Headlands for the quest "They Have Allies, But So Do We".
- Quest NPCs for "The Heads Of The SI:7" were doing too much damage. Their damage has been reduced and are within the appropriate level range.
- "An Offering for Aviana" is correctly being offered in all cases of prerequisite completion for both Horde and Alliance characters.
- Matoclaw in the Grove of Aessina now offers the quest "Last Stand at Whistling Grove".
- Cindermaul's Chest can now be looted by any player that currently has the quest "Cindermaul, the Portal Master" in their quest log.
- Windspeaker Tamila no longer joins combat when hostile creatures are brought near her.
- Bosses can no longer be pulled far out of the Crucible of Carnage arena.
- During the quest "Aiming High" the Flintlocke's Explosives can now be used anywhere on the Skyshredder.
- Sheep packs no longer instantly respawn.
- Player are now able to stay in the proper phase and accept "Field Work" after leaving the area, porting to other zones, or relogging.
- It is now possible to complete the quest achievement Sinking into Vashj'ir.
- Scourgut Remoras are now spawning closer to the ground.
- Players should always be properly granted credit for completing the "Defending the Rift" quest event.
- The range on the phase transitions of the Battlemaiden event has been extended to catch players who've pushed too far away from the NPCs around the bridge.
- Gnash is now balanced for any type of party make-up to engage. He also grants more experience when he dies than he used to.
- NPCs on The Verne and the Pincer X2 will no longer despawn or behave oddly while players are completing the quest "Full Circle".
- Nespirah's entrance membrane should always be open.
- Slithering Slime applied by eels in the Kepl'thar Forest now does significantly more damage, as it was not scaling appropriately with level.
- Toxic Bite applied by eels in the Shimmering Expanse now does significantly more damage, as it was not scaling appropriately with level.
- Brinescale Serpent's Brinescale Venom now has a 10-second duration, down from 20.
- General Grimaxe should now always respawn properly after being killed.
- The Argent Lightwell Charm can no longer be used outside of the designated questing area.
- Major Samuelson grants kill credit to everyone on the quest that is nearby when he is unmasked. He also grants players who hit him during the fight quest credit for his kill, regardless of tap rights.
- Lang's Hand Grenades are not usable outside of the designated questing area.
- Talrendis Marksmen no longer grant experience upon death.
- The Blood Red Key, which started the now-deprecated quest "A Strange Redy Key", is now removed from players' inventories upon logging out or zoning.
- Darla's Box of Megaflares cannot be used when not in Felwood. They can be used anywhere within Felwood.
We have no plans to return the portals to Shattrath and Dalaran. Please refrain from creating further such threads on this topic.
Healing in Cataclysm (Source Healers taking the brunt of the Cataclysm)
It's definitely challenging to heal in Cataclysm and that's by design. We want players to pick and choose what spells to use and when. Those in your group will also need to be conscious of whether or not they're putting out enough DPS, taking too much damage, and more. You'll probably be pulling out more "tricks" from your bag than you've been doing in awhile. You're also going to miss a time or two, run out of mana at a bad time and find yourself trying to figure out just what went wrong. Even experienced healers are going to have to dig their heels in a bit.
That said, we're keeping an eye out for how healing is going and should we feel there need to be adjustments, we'll make them. As many have noticed, we're starting to get a larger population of level 85 players who will be running through the content and getting better gear to compliment their spells and abilities. That should help some.