These hotfixes should not require you to download a new patch for the Friends & Family Beta. Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented while others may require a restart of the game to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch. Also note that changes to certain abilities will not be reflected in its tooltip until a patch is issued.
- Completing individual bounties will no longer reward a Horadric Cache.
- Completing all five Bounties in an Act now also provides Blood Shards.
- Completing a Nephalem Rift now also rewards a Greater Horadric Cache.
- The XP and Gold rewards from completing Bounties have been reduced; the new values at level 70 are 85,000 XP and 11,800 gold.
- The following immunity Rings will no longer drop and have had their unique power disabled. Please note that immunity powers will be revisited in a later patch.
- Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- The Tall Man's Finger
- Rogar's Huge Stone
- Rechel's Ring of Larceny
- Solanium will now produce Health Globes on Crushing Blow less frequently.
- Pride of Cassius has had its unique power disabled. Please note that this item's power will be revisited in a later patch.
- Removing and re-socketing a Helm or Sword with a Diamond gem no longer continuously increases the CDR and Elite Damage bonus
- Active Skills
- Heaven's Fury
- Bug: Now properly deals 1500% weapon damage over 5 seconds.
- Heaven's Fury
- Active Skills
- Shock Pulse
- Skill Rune - Living Lightning
- Proc coefficient has been lowered from 0.2 to 0.042.
- Skill Rune - Living Lightning
- Shock Pulse
- Passive Skills
- Duration increase amount reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds per stack.
- Shield amount reduced from 27,323 to 16,394 (at level 70).
- Stun chance reduced from 20% to 15%.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where Electrocute was generating too many procs from Paralysis.
- Stun chance reduced from 20% to 15%.
DreamHack is once again preparing to bring you some world-class StarCraft II action this weekend. If StarDust’s unexpected victory at this year’s DreamHack Open: Summer is any indication, then 2013 DreamHack Open: Winter is bound to deliver.
From November 28 to 30, the tournament will provide an epic Grand Final to this year’s DreamHack Open competitions. It’s all going down at the world’s largest digital festival, DreamHack Winter 2013, at the Elmia in Jönköping, Sweden.
If you can’t make it to the venue in person, don’t worry; the action will be broadcast live in HD, free of charge, on the official Dreamhack livestream. The tournament will feature shoutcasting from Shaun “Apollo” Clark and Nathan “Nathanias” Fabrikant, and will be hosted by Evil Geniuses’ Geoff “iNcontroL” Robinson and Sue “Smix” Lee (the voice of Sc2gears).
Drop by the DreamHack Open site for more information on the event, shoutcasters, players, tickets, and more! You’ll also find a link to the stream in your StarCraft II game client over the weekend.
The live stream will air at the following times:
|Thursday, November 28||Group Stage: 14:00-23:00 CET|
|Friday, November 29||Playoffs: 12:00-01:00 CET|
|Saturday, November 30||Playoffs: 12:00-01:00 CET
Grand Final: 22:45 CET
DreamHack Open 2013: Winter
Where: Elmia in Jönköping, Sweden
When: November 28-30
Links: Official site; live stream
So Long, and Thanks for All the Spectral Fish
We just came off of a great BlizzCon. We had so many different games to talk about, and we were thrilled at the reception of Warlords of Draenor. It was great to meet or reconnect with so many of you. I love BlizzCon dearly, which makes it so hard to tell you that this will be my last one, or at least my last one up on stage. An opportunity has come my way, and I have made the very tough decision to move on from Blizzard.
I wanted to thank all of you for being a part of this grand quest. I have said a hundred times that having passionate gamers, including the angry ones, is a far better place to be than having a community that doesn’t care. You all care. Like us, you want the game to be the best that it can be. So I ask you to keep on providing your feedback. I promise (and I rarely promise!) that the developers care very much about what you have to say.
I’ll be out there, and I can’t imagine it will be that hard to find me.
P.S. No, you can’t have a pony. Or a moose. Or a mantis shrimp. Or a tardigrade. Or a crab. Keep trying though.
P.P.S. I play a Holy Priest.
Keep in mind that as with anything still in development, the information we share now will likely change as we progress, but this should help give you a good understanding of our goals and thinking.
Armor Pieces: Head, Shoulders, Chest, Legs, Gloves, Belt, Boots, and Bracers
One of our main intents for primary stats is to make sure that higher Item Level (ilvl) pieces from new content are almost always superior to items from older content. Further, the changes we’re making to primary stats will help make pieces more universal, so groups will find gear drops more useful more often. This means you’ll be disenchanting less Intellect plate (only usable by Paladins today) or Agility mail (only usable by Hunters and Enhancement Shamans today). As we discussed at BlizzCon, we’re accomplishing this by making it so primary stats for a given piece of gear will change based on your current spec, though it’s likely that only new gear added in Warlords will work like this, as it might be impossible to implement this for all existing gear. Here are some additional points to know regarding the changes to primary stats:
- Armor pieces will always have some amount of Stamina and Armor value.
- Armor pieces always have Strength, Intellect, or Agility as a primary stat. Plate has either Strength or Intellect. Mail and Leather have either Agility or Intellect. Cloth has Intellect.
- In the cases of Plate, Mail, and Leather, the primary stat will change depending on your current spec. Specifically, casters (including healers) will get Intellect, and melee or tank specs will get Strength or Agility.
Our intent for secondary stats is to differentiate pieces that occupy the same slot, allow for player customization, and to further differentiate specs within a class. Here are a few important points regarding the changes that are currently planned for secondary stats:
- Secondary stats don’t change based on spec on armor pieces (or any piece).
- Secondary stats on armor pieces can still include Haste, Crit, and/or Mastery.
- Secondary stats on armor pieces will no longer include Hit, Expertise, Dodge, or Parry. These are being retired in Warlords, and will likely be removed even from existing gear.
- Secondary stats on armor pieces will also no longer include Spirit, nor will they include Bonus Armor, which are reserved exclusively for non-armor pieces (which are explained below).
- In addition, secondary stats on armor pieces may include several new stats we are exploring such as Readiness, Amplify, and Multi-strike. Technical Game Designer Chadd “Celestalon” Nervig has been sharing more details about these on his Twitter account.
Armor pieces may have three other properties at random. First, items may be higher Item Level than normal. For sake of this discussion, we’ll call these items Warforged for now.
Second, items may have gem sockets. Unlike gem sockets today, gem sockets in Warlords of Draenor will be rarer but more powerful. There will be no socket bonuses, but we are strongly considering requiring the right color gem for the socket. All gems will grant secondary stats, including Spirit and Bonus Armor (see below).
Finally, items may have tertiary stats. These include things like a bonus to Movement Speed, Sturdiness, Life Steal, Avoidance (less AoE damage), and Cleave. Because of the rarity of tertiary starts, stacking them to produce (for example) a Movement Speed set will take enormous effort.
The design intent of these additional qualities on items is to make itemization more exciting and to give it more longevity. Rather than waiting weeks to get a breastplate, you might get one pretty quickly—but to get a true “best-in-slot” item will take much more effort and a bit of luck. Here are a few more points to consider for these properties:
- We haven’t decided on exact numbers yet, but for the current discussion, assume something like a 10% chance for an item to have an additional property. It’s possible for one item to have all three of these properties, but the chance of that is very small.
- The properties are determined at the time an item is looted (and possibly even includes crafted gear). For example, if an ogre boss drops two copies of the Bracers of Crithto, one might be a normal version, while another might have a tertiary stat.
Being Warforged, having a socket, or having a tertiary stat do not count against the stat budget of the item—they are strictly bonuses. The item will not have reduced primary or secondary stats in order to have these additional properties.
Similar to primary stats, set bonuses will also change depending on your current spec. This means a Paladin may only need one tier set rather than one for Holy and one for Retribution. It also means that set bonuses can be more tailored towards a spec. For instance, Marksman Hunter set bonuses can have different bonuses or different numbers than a Survival Hunter set. Like today, not every helmet, chest piece, or other piece of armor that drops will be part of a tier set.
Non-Armor Pieces: Weapons, Rings, Cloak, Necklace, and Trinkets
In general, most of these pieces will not have Strength, Agility, or Intellect. Instead, they may have Attack Power or Spell Power to make sure they are more universal. However, our current thought it to keep primary stats on weapons so that they continue to feel iconic and special. Many of the items will have Stamina as well.
The information about secondary stats on armor above also applies here. In addition, Spirit and Bonus Armor can appear on these items. Spirit is only useful for healers. Bonus Armor is generally only useful for tanks. A Spell Power piece without Spirit may be attractive to healers or may be attractive to DPS casters instead.
The intent of including Spirit and Bonus Armor on these pieces is to make sure some items are still valuable only to healer and tank specs, helping to make sure they don’t have too much competition for gear against the more numerous DPS players in a given group. These are also stats we consider interesting, because how much of each of these stats a tank or healer might want is more subjective. For example, one tank in a group might prefer more Bonus Armor while another might prefer more Haste.
In the case of Spirit, imagine that stacking Spirit on every non-armor slot will give you more mana regeneration than you would reasonably need. That is to say, you likely won’t need Spirit on every single spot in order to function as a healer.
In the case of Bonus Armor, this stat fills the niche that Dodge and Parry fill today. We like tanks avoiding attacks as a mechanic, but it hasn’t proven to be a particularly interesting gearing strategy. However, we still want a dedicated damage-mitigation stat, and Bonus Armor will be it.
These items will also have a chance to have one of the additional qualities discussed above (Warforged, gems, and tertiary stats), and the information related to these qualities on armor still applies here.
A Holy Paladin has a raid tier set from the Blackrock Foundry. If she switches to her Retribution spec, the tier set is still functional, as the primary stats and set bonuses change. However, if she prefers Haste for her Retribution spec and Crit in her Holy spec (and is someone who enjoys the min-max game), then a single set of armor may not be optimal.
For her healing set, let’s assume this player also has one ring with Spirit, a shield with Spirit, and a trinket that procs on heals. The trinket is almost useless in her Retribution set. The shield is also useless, since Retribution is designed to wield a two-handed weapon. The ring will be sub-optimal because Spirit is useless to a Retribution Paladin, but if it has another valuable stat (e.g. Haste), it may still be worth using—again depending on how min-max-focused the player is.
A more casual player would probably be fine just using the trinket anyway and using a lower Item Level two-handed mace when she plays Retribution. A more min-max player would probably want separate rings, cloaks, trinkets, neck pieces, and weapons to use in the different specs. A very min-max player—such as someone competing in world-first Mythic raid progression—might even want different heads, shoulders, chests, and so on depending on the mix of secondary stats. This player might even swap out gems between the two specs.
This may seem like a lot to take in now, but we’ll continue to watch feedback and answer any additional questions where we can. And again, keep in mind that as with anything still in development, this information or some of the details will likely change as we progress.
As always, we welcome your constructive feedback, and we look forward to reading what you think.
Izbor težine igre u Reaper of Souls je totalno promenjen. Nema više Normal, Nightmare, Hell i Inferno, ili čak Monster Power. Oni su sada ugradjeni u novi sistem koji možete da izaberete pre početka igre. Nove težine daju bolje nagrade, ali su veom teške.
- Normal, Nightmare, Hell i Inferno su uklonjeni. Više ne otključavate nivo jačine u igri, već možete odmah da izaberete težinu kako startuje igru.
- Ne morate više da završite kampanju igre, kako bi otključali odredjenu težinu. Oni se otključavaju po character levelu. Za primer Torment zahteva level 70.
- Ukoliko vam je igra teška možete da promenite jačinu direktno u igri, bez izlaska. Medjutim ukoliko želite da pojačate nivo moraćete da izadjete iz igre.
- Monster Power je ukolonjen iz igre. Gustina Monstruma na mapama je pre-1.0.8 verijanta. Medjutim verovatno će biti izbalansirano u budućim Beta buildovima.
- Nove jačine su: Normal, Hard, Expert, Master i Torment. Torment može da se igra po težini od 1 do 6.
- Nagrade po jačini Nivoa:
- Normal - Nema
- Hard - 75% Extra gold/xp
- Expert - 100% Extra gold/xp, Bounties vas duplo nagradjuje
- Master - 200% Extra gold/xp, Bounties vas duplo nagradjuje, Novi Legendary recepti mogu da dropuju
- Torment - 300% Extra gold/xp, Bounties vas duplo naradujuje, Novi Legendary recepti mogu da dropuju, Novi legendary predmeti mogu da dropuju, 250% Bonus na Legendary drop rate
- Torment I-VI - Dodatni Gold / XP / Legendary drop rate po težini.
Paragon 2.0 izmene će doći i pre izlaska Reaper of Souls, u Pre-Expension Patchu. Stari Paragon bonus je ukolnjen i zamenjen novi, koji Vi možete da podešavate. Sada Vam je pruženo da sami odaberete kako žete praviti vašeg karaktera po svakomg Paragon Levelu.
- Trenutni Paragon bonusi si uklonjeni. To znači stats i MF i GF bonusi
- Experiance svih charactera sa trenutnim Paragon levelima će da se ujedine i prekalkulišu u novi Paragon System.
- Svaki paragon Level daje 1 Paragon poen svim Vašim karakterima (Normal/Hardcore moda)
- Postoje 4 Taba na koje možete da iskoristite Paragon poene - Core, Offensive, Defensive, Utility.
- Ukoliko napravite level 1 karaktera možete mu odmah ubaciti sve Paragon poene.
- Strength (5 per point)
- Dexterity (5 per point)
- Intelligence (5 per point)
- Vitality (5 per point)
- Attack Speed (0.20% per point)
- Critical Hit Chance (0.20% per point)
- Critical Hit Damage (1.00% per point)
- Cooldown Reduction (0.20% per point)
- Life (0.50% per point)
- Armor (0.50% per point)
- Dodge (0.20 per point)
- Resist All (5 per point)
- Maximums Resource (0.50 per point)
- Magic Find (2.00% per point)
- Movement Speed (0.50% per point)
- Gold Pickup Radius (0.5 per point)
Build 17614 uskoro će biti postavljen na test serverima. "Karazhan Restoration" phase je preimenovan na "Medivh's Big Birthday Bash" u ovo buildu. Paučine, skeleti, i stolice su vraćene nazad, mada neki delovi istance su i dalje izmenjeni.
- Automated In-game Mail #401 - Your recruited friend!: Great news! Your recruited friend logged in during your absence with a character named .... Add this character to your friend list to see them next time they log in. Have fun, and happy hunting
- Automated In-game Mail #402 - Your recruited friend!: Great news! Your recruited friend logged in during your absence with a character named ... on the realm named .... Add this character to your friend list to see them next time they log in. Have fun, and happy hunting
- LFG Entry #771 - Vale of Eternal Sorrows
- LFG Entry #772 - Gates of Retribution
- LFG Entry #773 - The Underhold
- LFG Entry #774 - Downfall
- Karazhan Restoration - Renamed to Medivh's Big Birthday Bash.
- BLIZZARD_CHALLENGE_SCREEN_EXPLANATION - Only an authentic information request from Blizzard will create the blue screen effect with white outlines!
- BLIZZARD_STORE_BROWSE_EUR - *Taxes Included
- BLIZZARD_STORE_BUY_EUR - Select
- BLIZZARD_STORE_FINAL_BUY_EUR - Pay Now
Patch 5.4 Hotfixevi - 25 Novembar
- Death Knight
- Soul Reaper effect to cause additional damage if the target falls below 35% health after 5 seconds should now trigger even if the Death Knight is dead.
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- Siege of Orgrimmar
- Siegecrafter Blackfuse
- Siegecrafter Blackfuse's Magnetic Lasso will now also pull character corpses that are on the conveyor belt to the main platform.
- Resolved an issue during the Siegecrafter Blackfuse encounter where players dropping into the conveyor belt may sometimes take fatal fall damage.
- Resolved an issue where destroying the last disassembled weapon right as it exits the conveyor belt may cause Siegecrafter Blackfuse to incorrectly gain the Energized Defensive Matrix effect.
- Siegecrafter Blackfuse
We do feel that, at least for some classes, there are a few too many buttons to keep on your action bars. It's an issue we'd ultimately like to solve, but something we have to be very, very careful with.
It's easy to look at your bar, go "LOOKIT ALL DEM BUTTONS", and decide that some of them need to go. In fact, we agree. It's much more difficult -- even dangerous -- to decide exactly which abilities to get rid of. Generally speaking, if you have an ability keybound, it's probably at least fairly important to your class. Getting rid of abilities you don't have bound doesn't really fix anything, so that means that, in most cases, we're talking about cutting the important ones.
That's not to say it can't (or won't) be done, but it does mean it's a fairly large task. Depending on the ability, there could be a lot of rebalancing or restructuring needed to make sure the class is still functional and fun to play. Again, it's something we'd like to do, it's just a very involved process.
Something you didn't really touch on is how some abilities exist as flavour for the class. The last time this kind of ability trimming occurred, a lot of things we players took for fun and playing about wound up biting the bullet because they were seen as "unnecessary" (i.e. Hunter's Eyes of the Beast).
True, and we want to avoid that. As I mentioned above, removing abilities you don't often use doesn't accomplish much. We often talk about this issue in terms of action bar space, but it's really keybind space that's the problem. One could make an argument that, say, Unending Breath could stand to be cut, but that's not something that's going to free up a keybind for the vast majority of Warlocks. (Source)
Patch 5.4.2 Warrior Changes
We don't feel that Warrior damage output itself is the issue. It's strong, but not out of line compared to other classes. We think the issue lies with mobility, and the Warrior's ability to keep that constant pressure going. That's why we decided to revert the 5.4 Intervene change in 5.4.2 and move the root break back to Safeguard. Once we've had a chance to see how that affects things, we'll be able to decide if any further changes are necessary. (Source)
Why not take the leap into mounted combat using the tech from quests like The Drakkensryd from back in Wrath?
It would take months of work to feel decent and not hacked in like it was in the (overall awesome) Drakkenryd quest. (Source)
Dailies are a grind because being able to use your class is not really a challenge anymore to ANYONE.
I agree that's a problem when you start to overgear the content. Say Isle of Thunder at its launch still had challenging mobs. (Source)
With the success of the Warlock Green Fire quest chain, are you planning to add quest chains for other classes?
If and when it makes sense. We like the feature overall but don't want it to become formulaic. (Source)
Technically questing is trivial. It's not hard and everyone can do it. It's simply a time sink until raiding.
We could make WoW a game only about raiding. I don't think it would be as popular though. (Source)
You know, the "heart and soul" thingie which is played by 5% of your players.
I don't know where that number comes from. Raiding is very popular. But that doesn't mean all players raid. (Source)
Not the same as saying "okay but make it trivial for alts". Just reduce the restrictions since we've already done it all once.
Why? Why is being able to click quest objects without fighting anything a better design than just skipping questing altogether? (Source)
Yet at max lvl, we won't be questing (no dailies at max lvl), so no real change from current flying design decision
You will be out in the world doing stuff, more like Timeless Isle than Golden Lotus. (Source)
But pls give to that T. Isle 2.0. some structure. Killing 2k Yaungols without the pacing/reward that a daily gave is boring.
Yeah, it won't just be Timeless Isle 2.0. That's just an example of content that isn't just "Kill 10 mogu every day." (Source)
in WOD will we see more shared mob tagging outside of groups. Really like that in other games. Allow more impromptu grouping
We'd like to improve our tagging rules for sure. Not convinced dot everything to get credit on all is the right design. (Source)
Adventure Mode je alternativa Campaign Modu, koji trenutno imamo u Diablo 3. Umesto da završimo priču igre, ovaj mod dozvoljava nam da igramo Diablo 3 kako mi želimo. Možete ući u igru, završiti par questova, i dobiti lepe nagrade za par minuta. Veoma je zanimljivo i ovo će Vam biti primarni run da provedete svoje vreme uz Reaper of Souls.
Pre ulaska u igru, jednostavno izaberete Adventure Mode umesto Campaign moda. Nema Checkpointa, nema progresa u Actovima, i nema questove. Umesto toga dobićete 2 nove stvari: Bounties i Nephalem Rifts. Oni su krati i jednostavni, koji će vam pružiti lepe nagrade kako ih završite.
U Adventure Modu kompletan svet Sanctuary-a je otključan. Možete da se teleportujete na bilo koji waypoint. Jednostavno otvorite mapu, selektujete waypoint u sledeći Act i odmah vas šalje tamo.
Još jedna interesantna stvar koju je Blizzard ubacio je Gambling! Sa njegovom posebnom valutom, Gambling funkcioniše isto kao i u Diablo II.
Bounties je pola Adventure Moda trenutno. To su veoma kratki questovi, koji mogu biti: Da ubijete nekog Bossa, Unique Kill, Očistiti Dungeon, ili završite mini quest. Oni će se prikazati na World Mapi, i možete se instant teleportovati tamo. Bounties su predvidjeni da se završe brzo - za par minuta.
- Kratki questovi, koji se završe za par minuta
- Putovanjem kroz Sanctuary daje svaki run novim
- Razni tipovi Bountia
- Za završetak bounty questa dobićete Horadric Cache.
- Horadric Cache sadrži materijale za craftovanje, Magic i Rear opremu, gemove, Blood Shardove, i šansa za legendary itemom.
- Za završetak svih Bountia u actu dobićete Greater Horadric Cache.
- Greater Horadric Caches sadrži sve što i normal Horadric Caches, plus veću šansu za Legendary Itemom. On takodje sadrži više item dropova od normal Horadric Cache
Nephalem Rifts je druga polova Adventure Moda. Random završavate par levela istance, koji će Vam pružiti interesantne kombinacije monstruma i bosseva. Kako bi otvorili Nephalem Portal, prvo što će Vam trebati je Nephalem ključ. On pada random u svetu, od svih monstruma ili iz Horadric Cache. Trenutno nagrada za završetak Rifta, dropuje kod poslednjeg bossa, ali dok čistite istance možete odraditi i interesantne evente.
- Završavanje Random Istance
- Možete sresti sve neprijatelje u igri, sem bosseva. Na primer istanca može da sadrži sledeću kombinaciju: Goatmen, Dune Trashers, Succubi, Armaddons i naravno, Treasure Goblina.
- Po trenutnom izgledu tema kompletnog Nephalem Rifta generiše se kako se otvori portal. Svaki dublji level istance neće promeniti temu. Ista je sve do poslednjeg nivoa.
- Nephalem Shrine su specijalni shrine, koji će se pojaviti samo u Nephalem Riftu. Po izgledu su previše overpowered! A evo i par primera:
- Shielding shrine - Imuni na dmg 30 sekundi
- Shrine koji povećava Vaš damage za 400%
- Speed shrine - Daje maksimalnu brzinu
- Lightning shrine - Vaš karakter baca lighting na sve neprijate i bukvalno ih one-shotuje
Blood Shards i Gambling
Blood Shards je nova valuta koja se nalazi u vašem inventaru pored golda. Par Blood Shardova dobićete kako završite Bounties ili iz Horadric Cache. Trenutno dve stvari možete kupiti uz pomoć Blood Sharda: Greater Horadric Caches (za 100 Sharda) ili random itemem, a.k.a. Gambling.
Jedan od novih vendora prodaje Mysterious opremu. Ona ima random kvalitet i random stats. Svaki deo opreme košta 5x Blood Sharda. Itemi koji su trenutno u ponudi su: 1H Weapon, 2H Weapon, Source, Mojo, Helm, Gloves, Boots, Chest Armor, Belt, Shoulders, Pants, Bracers, Shield, Amulet i Ring. Legendary i Set Itemi su snimljeni kako su dropovali na par stremova, ali magic i Rare Gear je ono što ćete dobiti uglavnom u svim slučajevima kada pazarite. Kao što je radilo i u Diablo II!