- Reduce the number of extreme outliers in class balance in order to set us up for ongoing improvements
- Provide ourselves a new metric (Greater Rifts) by which we can more easily identify future outliers
- Expand class diversity
- This is a design goal for us, and we've touched a little on it (see below). However, we want each class performing similarly and with fewer outliers before we introduce new play styles.
- Buff every class through the roof
- While power creep is somewhat inevitable with new content (Legendary Gems, I'm looking at you!), you need to sand down the rough edges before you primer them! We want to reign some things in, buff some things up, and ensure each class has comparable (if different) tools available to them.
The overarching philosophies for this patch are as follows and apply to most, if not all, the classes:
- Provide elemental diversity among a class' available skills
- This is an ongoing process, and while we've partially addressed elemental diversity for most classes, there's still more to go (such as addressing Poison and Cold for Demon Hunters and Crusaders respectively).
- Buff significantly underused skills by increasing numbers or redesigning runes with more interesting or useful mechanics.
- Channeling spells for Wizards or Furious Charge for Barbarians are great examples of these changes. There's still some skills out there that need work, we just may not get to them for 2.1.
- Buff Healing
- This can apply to every class. We want players to use healing on their gear, especially in higher level Greater Rifts, and it should feel much more reliable and on-demand (depending on which type of healing you prefer to stack).
- Ensure that the elemental types and skill mechanics fulfill the fantasy of the class
- We talk about class fantasy a lot, and making sure your class feels the way it should. The addition of the Crusader set, Roland’s Legacy, is a prime example of this. Crusaders should feel like they have options in melee, and we feel this set helps satisfy that need.
@Arukemos it's a tradition for me... Buy a copy on release day. I may help design the game but first I am a player :) (Twitter)
What doesn't make sense to me, is why don't the greater rift trials follow the same level gain philosophy as greater rifts themselves: the faster you clear a wave, the more difficult the next wave. Instead of tracking progress as # of waves completed, its wave difficulty completed.We’re looking at allowing you to advance through the Trials more quickly. We're also keeping an eye on Greater Rift Keystone advancement, and will make adjustments as needed. Our goal is for players to be able to skip forward aggressively, but not so fast that you worry about “overshooting” and ending up in a rift that's too high for you.
The Diablo III game guide has just been updated with information on new Ultimate Evil Edition features:
- We are currently aware of an issue that is causing players to receive the following message when attempting to play Ultimate Evil Edition on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One:
- We've received a few reports from PS4 players noting that they have been unable to claim their Infernal Pauldrons.
- This issue appears to be related to a license not properly being applied to some players' SEN accounts after entering the item code. Luckily, we have identified a workaround that should help most of you get past this issue:
- 1. Navigate to the Settings option on the PS4 Dynamic Menu
- 2. Select "PSN"
- 3. Select "Restore Licenses"
- 4. Re-launch Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and you should find your preorder item in your inventory
- Additionally, please ensure that your console is connected to the internet, as downloading the available patch over PSN is required to collect the item.
- After you've successfully linked your Sony Entertainment Network and Xbox Live accounts via Battle.net, launch Ultimate Evil Edition and create a new game. Once you're in game, visit your newest town hub and open your Shared Stash. Under the "Ring" category, you should see your Signet Ring of the Blizzard. If you do not see the ring, try relogging into the game after waiting a few minutes.
Defeat Paladin Challenge
Spectral Spider is labeled as a beast but the spiders produced by its deathrattle are non-labeled minions. Is this intentional?
Yeah, those are ghosts, intentionally. - Ben Brode (Source)
Can you explain the design choice to have Mad Scientist put a secret directly into play instead of in hand?
Play makes it better. We wanted it to be good! :)
Too soon to say how good this card is and what the impact is, but with just a draw, it's in line with Loot Hoarder, a good card.
Except you have to play with secrets for it to be good. That's not always upside. - Ben Brode (Source)
Why doesnt Betrayal scale with Spellpower while Blade Flurry does?
It's kind of weird but betrayal deals no damage. It causes a minion to deal damage. - Ben Brode (Source)
Worth noting that this means that it DOES trigger Emperor Cobra, Patient Assassin and Maexxna's ability.
What's your opinion on the current state of Flare? General pro consensus that people seem to be catching onto is that its 2 strong.
Mostly I don't like how it randomly pwns secrets. You should have to make a choice to include a card like that in your deck. - Ben Brode (Source)
However, no current plans to change it. - Ben Brode (Source)
A while ago it was mentioned everything in HS was equally obtainable - now TeSPA back and CE WoD backs are 'limited' -any thoughts?
Don't remember that. Golden Gelbin Mekkatorque as been in the game since the beginning and it's the same kind of thing. - Ben Brode (Source)
Build 18738 postavljen je na beta serverima!
- Warlords challenge mode mount je Challenger's War Yeti.
- Legendary questline achievement: Chapter I: Call of the Archmage, Chapter II: Gul'dan Strikes Back, Chapter III: The Foundry Falls.
Blizzard je neznatno ažurirao Login Screen.
Ažuriran Character Selection Screen
Par rasa dobilo je neznatno ažurirane character selection screen.
Road of Glory: Capturing Points
We will be iterating on the design of the Road of Glory in the coming builds. Currently, the control point at each “node” within the RoG will despawn the higher level guards (Vanguard/Knights on Alliance and Bloodguard/Wolf Riders on Horde), while killing players and lower level guards (Marines/Grunts/Archers) will determine whether you capture that node.
This design can be a little confusing as there are two win conditions to each node, so we’re going to experiment with having the control zone completely win you the node. You won’t have to finish the reinforcement quota.
Often times we see players push further than they should and the node is lagging behind. This design will have the benefit of allowing the flow of battle to follow that of the natural combat.
Road of Glory: Mage Towers
Also new in the Road of Glory will be “mini-bosses” in the Mage towers. We’re experimenting with these being bonus objectives (with rewards). You don’t necessarily have to kill the Mage in these towers, but ignoring them will be challenging.
The design goal for these guys is to add more texture/interest/gameplay to the RoG, but also to slow down how fast a faction can progress to the main base. It should be challenging for a faction to storm the enemy base.
Note that we will be performing hotfixes to tune the Mages after the beta goes live, they’ll probably be a bit overpowered when beta goes up (I may of made them way too OP).
Road of Glory: Storming the enemy base
Our vision for the final encounter with Volrath and Tremblade is not fully implemented, but this upcoming build will get it closer to where we want it. Upon killing the faction leader you will get a juicy reward (including Conquest). You will have some time to pillage the enemy base using keys found within Ashran to open chests, and afterword you will be put onto a Gryphon/Wyvern back to home base whereby the RoG will reset.
We also have plans on making the encounter with the faction leader more engaging. And we have not yet fully done a tuning pass on health/damage numbers.
We agree with the feedback that the buffs found in Ashran are a bit too strong. We’re going to be toning them down by duration, rarity and/or effect.
We have done some changes to the amount of Artifact Fragments each objective at the base requires. Summoning Kronus and Fangraal will require a bit more work, but we’ve reduced how many Artifact Fragments are required for the Mage Portals and Warlock Gateways.
The Shaman book has been completely redone. We’ve added a new Druid book which is less rare than the now Legendary Flight Form book. We’ve also re-designed the Death Knight and Warlock books.
In addition, the class Books now only come from the “bosses” of Ashran found within the outskirts (Titarus, Brickhouse etc.) and within the Ring of Conquest. These encounters are designed for small groups of players from 3-5.
The events around the four major POIs will soon give a few minute warning before they begin. These events will reward conquest.
Other Future changes
- We will be doing a pass on the spawning the zone on abilities, health and damage.
- Kronus and Fangraal’s abilities will be polished. They are also intended to move with the lane back and forth. Currently this is not yet fully implemented.
- The rewards from the quartermaster and honor/conquest vendors are not yet complete.
- The Mage Portal and Warlock Gateway guardians will be tuned and give a reward.
- Rescuing the prisoner NPC’s will give a reward.
- Spawning in the zone will have proper loot tables. (Saberon drop things Saberon drop elsewhere in the game etc.)
Seasons — How Do They Work?So, you've logged in and you're ready to create your very first Seasonal hero. Where do you begin? Just like any new character, your first Seasonal hero will start their journey in the hero creation menu. Select your hero class, gender, and name as usual, then select the "Seasons" checkbox on the lower left of the screen, and BAM! You'll have a brand new level one nephalem ready for Seasonal action!
You'll be able to create both Hardcore and Normal Seasonal heroes—just check the "Hardcore" box in addition to the Season box if it strikes your fancy.
Seasonal Activities:As fun as ladders are to climb, there's much more to Seasons than reaching max level or pressing onward into the upper echelons of the Paragon system. While the first goal you should set is leveling up to 70 and getting some gear in order, there are three distinct ways to compete with other players in Seasons: 1) completing Conquests, which are Season-exclusive Achievements; 2) acquiring as many Achievement points as possible; and3) reaching the highest tiers in Greater Rifts. We'll be covering Greater Rifts in more detail with a future blog, so keep an eye on the main page for details! Leaderboards: You can track your progress against other players for the activities above on the Leaderboards and compete with others for the highest rankings. Want to be the first Hardcore player in the new Season to reach Level 70? Complete that Achievement and you'll be immortalized on the Conquest leaderboard. Aiming to tackle the most Achievements? Compare your total Achievement points earned to your peers on the Achievement Point leaderboard. Are Greater Rifts more your style? See how you measure up to other adventurers and check your fastest times on the Seasonal Greater Rift leaderboard.
Seasons offer a great variety in gameplay challenges, and you'll be able to compare your successes to your friends, other members of your class, your clan mates, or players in the same region. Leaderboards will be available both in-game and right here on our community site, so whether you're checking your progress on the web or in Sanctuary, you'll always be just a few clicks away from seeing your Seasonal ranking!
Achievements are accomplishments that showcase your skill or dedication to a particular task. In Seasons, we've taken the concept of Achievements to the next level by introducing Conquests. Consisting of difficult tasks that can only be completed by a Seasonal hero, all Conquests come in two flavors: Hardcore and Normal. If you want to conquer every Conquest, be prepared to tackle them with both Hardcore and Normal Seasonal heroes!
Seasonal Rewards:Climbing Leaderboards might not be your thing, so you may find yourself asking "What's in it for me?" There are incentives for everyone to try their hand in Seasons, including getting first crack at brand new Legendaries and a shiny new Transmogrification set that is exclusive to Season participants.
A new helm awaits Season 1 challengers!Pretty sweet, right?
Wrapping Up the Season:We're only just starting the very first Season, but it's important to know what happens to your progress at the end. When a Season concludes, your current Seasonal heroes will become non-Seasonal. This means that if you were playing a Seasonal Hardcore hero, they'll instead become a regular Hardcore hero.
Join the Race!We're excited to jump into Seasons, and we hope you've enjoyed this overview of what's to come. Are you prepared to get started when Season 1 launches? Which classes will you focus on first? Will you tackle Conquests first or focus on Greater Rifts instead? We want to know how you plan to play in Seasons, so let us know in the comments! Prepare yourselves, nephalem! Challenge and reward awaits you!
Check with your local retailer for additional details and availability—and if you’re hoping to score a copy, be sure to lock in your preorder soon, because supplies are limited.
The Warlords of Draenor Collector’s Edition includes:
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor — Get the full version of Warlords of Draenor on DVD-ROM.
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-ray Two-Disc Set — Meet the development team behind the creation of Draenor and its savage warlords. This two-disc set includes over an hour of creators’ commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector’s Edition Soundtrack — Immerse yourself in the sounds of war with the complete Warlords of Draenor orchestral soundtrack on CD.
- The Art of Warlords of Draenor — Witness the visual evolution of the expansion in this beautifully bound tome of exclusive Warlord of Draenor art. Through 160 pages of concept pieces, finished illustrations, and CG images, you'll delve into the art team’s vision for a Draenor under siege by the apocalyptic threat of the Iron Horde.
- Blackhand Mouse Pad — Arm yourself with a special-edition mouse pad emblazoned with the deadly warlord Blackhand.
- Epic In-Game Content
- World of Warcraft Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet — Descend from the skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling.
- StarCraft II Portraits — Summon the strength of two deadly Iron Horde war chiefs—Grommash Hellscream and Blackhand—as you take on the Dominion with these two StarCraft II portraits.
- Diablo III Warsong Pennant — Don this battle-worn pennant and channel the rage of the Warsong Clan against the demonic forces of Sanctuary.
- Hearthstone Card Back — Your adventures in Draenor will be the talk of the tavern after outfitting your champion’s deck with this custom card back forged in the fires of Blackrock.
Remember, one character boost to level 90 is included in the Collector’s Edition, retail and digital standard editions, and Digital Deluxe Edition of the Warlords of Draenor expansion. For more information on the content and features, check out our Warlords of Draenor web page.
Warlords of Draenor Box Art
Amazon je objavio u visokoj rezoluciji izgled Warlords of Draenor kutija.
Vanion imao je prilike da odradi intervju sa Tom Chiltonom na Gamescomu i podeli video njihovog razgovora gde možemo čuti interesantne detalje. Mi smo izvukli najbitnije informaicje medjutim preporučujemo da poslušate ceo video.
- Grommash is the final boss of Warlords of Draenor.
- Warlords of Draenor will have a questline for a legendary ring that begins aat level 99 and is less grindy than the Mists of Pandaria quests.
- The legendary ring will have a visual effect so that players can show it off.
- It is very likely that there will be legendary items other than the ring from the questline.
Future Content Patches
- A transmogrification system revamp could be part of Patch 6.1 or 6.2, allowing you to build a collection of transmog items rather than storing them in your bank or Void Storage. It also may include tools to better manage multiple transmog sets.
- Tanaan Jungle and possibly Farahlon will be in future content patches, not at launch.
- Additional dungeons could be added in content patches. There are more dungeons within Draenor that could be added, as well as older dungeons through the Timewalker system.
- There aren't any class quests planned for Warlords launch right now, but if one fits later in the expansion it could be added.
- The length of time beyond Patch 6.1 that you are unable to fly in Draenor will be decided upon by the community as a whole. If players enjoy it then it could last longer. If players overwhelming want flight back by Patch 6.1, then they will most likely get it.
Warlords Patch Timing
- The Warlords patch cycle will be similar to the Mists of Pandaria patch cycle, but some of it will depend on the timing of the next expansion.
- "Some of it will depend on the time before the next expansion after Warlords. It is very possible that if we are successful and there is a shorter gap, then we won't necessarily want to have multiple raid tier content patches. Each raid content patch needs about four months to breathe. Any less than that and it feels like you really rushed through the content."
- The content patch schedule isn't finalized yet, as a lot of it depends on what players want to see more of once they get through the launch content. Some of it will depend on the scheduling for the next expansion.
- The team would like to add the new Nagrand arena as a new arena, but this isn't final yet. It depends on how work on the next expansion is progressing.
- There are no plans to add a new battleground in Warlords of Draenor.
- Garrisons ended up involving all of the different teams and will be a big feature, changing the gameplay of WoW more than any other feature has.
- More Garrison features or levels are something that could be done in a future content patch.
- The Adventure Guide won't make it in for the Warlords launch. It will be useful as more content is added after launch, so hopefully it will be ready for a future content patch.
- The World of Warcraft team grew by around 80 people during Mists of Pandaria, which should allow them to produce content faster in the future. This did slow things down in the short term though, which contributed to the delay of Warlords of Draenor.
- There aren't any scenarios for you to queue for at Level 100 in Warlords right now, but some could be added in future patches. Right now they are mostly used as a storytelling tool while leveling.
- Warforged items can appear in dungeons now as a nice bonus.
Spremite se za Borbu: Pre-Expension Iron Horde Invazija
Izgleda da ćemo uskoro videti Patch 6.0 na PTR serverima! Igrači će biti upućeni u Blasted Lands gde će morati da se odbrane od invazije Iron Horde, koja je prošla kroz Dark Portal. Obavezno proveti i UBRS Video istance koja nam dolazi redizajnirana u ovom patchu.
As part of this patch, players will encounter fierce new opponents and get their first chance to experience a number of updates we’re making to the game. In addition to changes to the skills and abilities for every class, this patch will introduce brand new features such as 20-player Mythic-difficulty Siege of Orgrimmar, as well as systems adjustments including stat squish and diminishing returns on crowd control. The next chapter in the World of Warcraft saga is coming at you armed to the teeth.
The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril’lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.
In this desperate hour, King Wrynn and Warchief Vol’jin have called upon their greatest champions to join the front lines in the Blasted Lands and do whatever they can to stop the Iron Horde . . . before the rest of Azeroth falls before them.
Word of this surprise attack sends players rushing to the Blasted Lands to reckon with the barbarous infiltration. After the fall of a high ranking Iron Horde general named Gar’mak Bladetwist, you’ll report what you’ve witnessed in the Blasted Lands to King Wrynn or Warchief Vol’jin. It’s apparent to both the Horde and the Alliance that this is only the first salvo in a much larger conflict, and the only way to win is to take the fight directly to the Iron Horde . . . by journeying through the Dark Portal into Draenor.
The Infiltration of Blackrock Spire
An advance party of Iron Horde forces has barged right out of the Blasted Lands and pushed all the way to Blackrock Mountain, where they found refuge and supplies in Upper Blackrock Spire. There can be only one response: the Alliance and the Horde of Azeroth must face this iron incursion head on.
Available to level-90 characters for a limited time, this specially revamped five-player version of Upper Blackrock Spire sets the stage for the coming counterstrike against the Iron Horde. Here, you will face Orebender Gor'ashan, Kyrak, and Commander Tharbek as you begin to take the fight to the enemy and sharpen the skills (and swords) you’ll need to succeed on an unwelcoming alien world.
Draenor is waiting.